Lead Enterprise Architect (75930BR)
This BAE Systems program supports our federal customer who plays a key role in providing direct cybersecurity engineering support. This program provides systems and security engineering and integration support to specific Government-sponsored projects, pilots and prototypes. This includes solution planning and engineering, defining security requirements, target architecture, interoperability and integration, system testing, Verification and Validation, Modeling and Simulation, studies and analysis, post-deployment security validation (PDSV), and project risk management. As part of this team, you will contribute to the engineering of current and emerging cybersecurity systems, policies, and processes to enforce standards and identify vulnerabilities and capability gaps, and reduce cybersecurity risk of our customer networks.
The Lead Architect shall be responsible for a team of enterprise architects. The Lead Architect shall coordinate the Contractor’s architecture work with the Government and shall maintain and enhance architecture plans and procedures for customer sponsored programs. The Lead Architect shall lead the development of enterprise and project architecture artifacts, and lead support for the program’s architecture databases. The Lead Architect has technical architecture responsibilities as well as management and leadership of the architecture team.
**This position is eligible for maximum telework (>50%) for applicants residing in the National Capital Region (DC, MD, VA).**
**This position’s office location can be either Sterling, VA, or Rockville, MD.**Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- 10+ years of proven experience as a System Architect with supervisory/leadership abilities to oversee/coordinate with large teams in defining and maintaining multiple projects to meet multiple requirements.
- Excellent systems documentation and architecture diagram skills with thorough understanding of systems architecture, engineering, administration, configuration, and security procedures.
- Expertise in developing UML and SysML models to support architecture, design, and development for large-scale program
- Hands on experience in developing operational and system models compliant to Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
- Hands on experience with UNICOM System Architect, NoMagic Cameo Enterprise Architecture/MagicDraw/Cameo Systems Modeler, or other equivalent enterprise architecture tools
- Experience in design and development of system architecture to include interface models, system behavior models (including use case and sequence diagrams), network diagrams, data flow models, and traceability of requirements and standards to enterprise architecture models.
- Experience in systems engineering requirements and concept development, systems hardware and software design and development, and system integration.
- Experience working with multiple teams and ability to interface with technical and non-technical stakeholders at various levels within and outside of the organization to bring together the solution.
- Ability to build a digital thread through a program by using models throughout the development life cycle
- Ability to apply models to support decision-making.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
- Must be able to obtain DHS EOD
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Active DHS HQ EOD
- Experience with Model Based System Engineering (MBSE).
- Experience using MBSE tools and methodology to develop architecture and integrating requirements, standards, and security controls to generate system-engineering products.
- Experience with transitioning requirements and specifications from DOORS into a model-based environment
- Experience with transitioning architecture and design data from Unicom System Architect into a model-based environment
- Knowledge of Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework (FEAF)
- Knowledge of other SE disciplines, including configuration management, risk management, cybersecurity, and accreditation processes
- Ability to define system requirements and CONOPS and refine them as needed throughout system development, and develop the system design, to include interfaces
- Ability to identify and support the test and integration activities required to verify and validate the system against requirements and needs