PLC Controls Engineer
Leidos is seeking an experienced Controls Engineer for work at its Walled Lake, Michigan office. We are seeking qualified individuals with experience to excel in a high performance team responsible for the development and delivery of market leading controls services and solutions.
As a Controls Engineer, you will provide technical expertise and work as a part of a team with other engineers and consultants involved in the design and implementation of diverse and challenging solutions for industrial and commercial clients. The ideal candidate would be responsible for the entire lifecycle of a project. Your responsibilities will range from performing system requirements analysis, hardware design, PLC programming, integration, verification and commissioning of controls systems. The successful candidate will have controls experience, knowledge of industry standards and current technologies, outstanding communication skills and the ability to meet project requirements.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley, Siemens, and/or Schneider PLC/HMI Programming.
- Understand the Fundamentals of A/C electrical circuits and low voltage D/C electrical circuits and operation.
- Controls programming and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, and device data sheets.
- Ability to use testing and metering devices.
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems and software.
- Professional demeanor, solid interpersonal skills with good written and oral communication capability.
- Possess strong business ethics at all times.
- Must be able to climb stairs and/or ladders
- Must be comfortable in both a customer site and office setting
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Must be able to walk up to 5 miles on unpaved surfaces
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and have the ability to work on large project tasks both independently and with other technical staff. The candidate will also have to demonstrate good communication skills with the client and team members. Travel will be required during project commissioning (20-40%). Exceptional interpersonal and analytical skills are required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.