Embedded Software Engineer, Navigation and Sensor Systems (Hybrid) (76951BR)
Are you searching for career opportunities that bring meaning and purpose to your life? Are you ready to proudly support those who protect our nation? Then navigate your way to BAE Systems Inc. Navigation and Sensor Systems in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
BAE Systems is looking for a Software Engineer with a passion for engineering and the desire to be part of an innovative, dedicated team responsible for industry-leading Global Positioning Systems (GPS) products. Our team seeks engineers interested in architecting, designing, and developing software for real-time embedded GPS Simulator used in testing of GPS receivers for military airborne, ground, and weapons applications. This position offers abundant opportunity to acquire in-depth knowledge of GPS technology, simulator and receiver architecture, and to apply that knowledge in a team environment to develop our Modernized GPS test capability for GPS receiver products.
As a part of our unique team, you will have responsibilities spanning all phases of the software engineering life cycle including requirements analysis, design, code development, integration, verification, and documentation. Assignments include tasks such as:
- Designing and writing GPS simulator source code
- Debugging or modifying existing code to add new features or correct defects
- Ensuring execution of the software engineering process across the development lifecycle
- Estimation, planning and prioritization of tasks to meet program deadlines
- Reporting on project status and progress measured against specific plans
- Developing host applications and tools to interface and test products
- Putting our customer first through customer support activities
- Expanding our knowledge base together through mentorship and training opportunities.
Make the change and join us in our passionate pursuit to protect those that protect us!Because this role involves a combination of collaborative/in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split between working onsite and remotely.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) discipline, and 4 years of direct related experience, or Masters of Science with 4 years of experience
- Must be a US Citizen
- Have the ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
- Experience with C, C++, C#, Python, Java or other high-order languages in real-time embedded applications
- Solid understanding of software development processes for real-time embedded applications
- Highly motivated to solve complex problems and continuously improve
- Ability to produce high quality work both independently and with a team
- Experience with real-time embedded hardware systems
- Experience designing and implementing complex algorithms requiring strict timing, systems resource management, and interface constraints
- Experience with engineering development tools including Eclipse, Jama and DOORS
- Experience with collaboration tools like Jira, Confluence, and Bamboo
- Experience with modernized software development processes (e.g. Agile, DevOps, DevSecOps)