Part Time Night Tutor - VUB (R0005409_)
Institution Name: University of Arkansas Pulaski Technical College
University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College at North Little Rock is an integral part of the Arkansas Technical and Community College System maintained by the State of Arkansas. The college is governed by the University of Arkansas System Board of Trustees and a seven-member Board of Visitors and derives its support largely from student tuition and fees and legislative appropriations.
UA - Pulaski Tech, a comprehensive two-year college, offers associate degree and certificate programs for students who plan to transfer to four-year colleges and universities and/or for career preparation and advancement. Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at [Register to View] .
Department:TRIO and Veterans Services
Summary of Job Duties:Responsibilities
- Maintain established hours
- Contact supervisor in advance when unable to come in for work
- Unless working with a student, sit facing the door
- Make yourself available for any student who needs assistance
- Walk around the lab at least twice an hour and offer assistance
- Complete timesheets and submit to supervisor at least one day before due date
- Complete and submit progress notes for students bi-monthly
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong knowledge of academic subjects: Math and Science
- Associates Degree or higher in the subject areas or a related field
- Tutoring experience preferred
- Provide academic support for Math and Science subjects
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to relate well to students of various socio-economic and cultural backgrounds
- Well organized, detail oriented, dependable, creative, & self-motivated
Compensation for this position is $10.00- $15.00 per hour depending on educational background. Tutors can work no more than 28 hours per week. Faculty should confirm with Human Resources to ensure their entire work load does not exceed 29 hours per week.
Required Documents to Apply:
Recruitment Contact Information:
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College is committed to providing a safe campus community. Title IX protects the college community from sexual harassment in a school's education programs and activities. This means that Title IX protects the college community in connection with all academic, educational, extracurricular, athletic, and other programs of the school, whether those programs take place in a school's facilities, in college transportation, at a class or training program sponsored by the school at another location, or elsewhere.
No person at the University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College will, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied benefit of, or be subjected to sex discrimination, sexual harassment, or sexual misconduct under any education program or activity.
We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Constant Physical Activity:
Frequent Physical Activity:
Occasional Physical Activity: