Grants and Contracts Accounting Specialist (R0002582_Little_Rock)
Work Shift:Day Shift (United States of America)
Institution Name: University of Arkansas at Little Rock
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is a metropolitan research university that provides an accessible, quality education through flexible learning and unparalleled internship opportunities. At UA Little Rock, we prepare our more than 8,900 students to be innovators and responsible leaders in their fields. Committed to its metropolitan research university mission, UA Little Rock is a driving force in Little Rock's thriving cultural community and a major component of the city and state's growing profile as a regional leader in research, technology transfer, economic development, and job creation.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the hiring process please contact Human Resources at [Register to View] .
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at [Register to View] .
Department:Research and Sponsored Programs
Summary of Job Duties:The Grants and Contracts Accounting Specialist reports to the Associate Director for Post Award Activities in the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, and will perform accounting functions associated with the administration of fiscal activities related to sponsored grants and contracts, analyze fiscal and project activity in relation to sponsor terms and conditions, and will communicate with principal investigators and funding sources to resolve issues and gather information. This position is governed by state and federal laws, and agency/institution policy.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- One (1) year of general accounting experience;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications;
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Excel to compile and analyze financial data.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of sponsored programs;
- Review terms and conditions of grants, contracts, or agreements to ensure compliance with institutional, federal, state, and/or local regulations;
- Review and monitor grant and contract expenditures for accuracy, allocability, allowability, completeness, and reasonableness;
- Participate and provide documentation in audits performed of sponsored programs;
- Provide technical assistance and guidance in the preparation, submission, processing, and management of research grants and contract proposals, awards, and agreements for researchers throughout the University;
- Participate in the preparation of reports applicable to post-award activities;
- Assist in the delivery of a variety of workshops, training sessions, and other outreach instruments that instructs internal and external constituents about the evolving research and sponsored programs administrative and compliance landscape;
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to interpret and apply accounting policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, financial operations, laws, and terminology;
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential;
- Ability to design, analyze, and prepare financial reports;
- Ability to set priorities and manage several projects at once, under deadline pressure;
- Knowledge of federal and non-federal regulations related to research and sponsored grants and contracts preferred;
- Ability to instill confidence in internal and external ORSP constituents in the competence and commitment to service of the office;
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of analytical ability;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Cover Letter/Letter of Application, List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Resume, Unofficial/Official Transcript(s)
Required Documents to Apply:
Additional Information:Required Documents to Apply:Cover Letter/Letter of Application, List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Resume, Unofficial/Official Transcript(s). Please upload all of the required documents in the section to upload your resume.
Gayle Lenard - email@example.com
Recruitment Contact Information:
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:Criminal Background Check, Financial Credit Check
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.Constant Physical Activity:Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding, Sitting, Standing, Talking, Walking
Frequent Physical Activity:Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding, Sitting, Standing, Talking, Walking
Occasional Physical Activity:Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding, Sitting, Standing, Talking, Walking