Field Svc Tech Lvl 3 (5686)
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
Refueling Technician, Level 3 – Full-Time
Provide fuel handling equipment or outage critical crane, field services at remote operating nuclear power plants and at local service center operations, utilizing high technology service equipment in a manner reflecting Westinghouse’s commitment to the highest levels of safety and quality.
- Install, set-up, maintain, inspect, calibrate and troubleshoot fuel handling/outage critical crane equipment at customer sites worldwide.
- Review operational procedures, maintenance procedures, and drawings in detail.
- Provide support to engineering and training by performing activities such as equipment modifications, equipment setup and testing, mock-up preparation, process testing, and equipment and process qualifications. Accurately document equipment performance issues during field implementation, and ensure corrective actions are complete prior to next scheduled use.
- Participate in and/or lead training programs to acquire and maintain certifications as well as keep current with technology and procedures.
- Perform and/or supervise all assigned tasks, with a high degree of quality, and within the parameters of qualified procedures and guidelines. Maintain a high level of attention to detail and document all quality related issues.
- Practice a “Safety First” attitude as an integral part of all activities. Demonstrate good housekeeping practices in work areas. Gain and maintain “Unescorted Access” status at nuclear power plant sites.
- Develop, exercise and promote team-building skills with peers, supervisors, contractors, customers and other departments. Demonstrate good customer sensitivity and customer service skills. Develop and maintain a focus on creative problem solving.
- Report status of field work progress, changes, problems, and/or mistakes to management on a daily or as need basis.
- This position requires extensive travel via airplane and/or automobile (60%-80%) and working with or around hazardous materials.
- This position is subject to the requirements of Westinghouse and customer security, unescorted access and fitness for duty programs. This position also requires the ability to carry/lift 50 pounds and must possess full range of motion.
Who You Are:
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
- High school graduate or the recognized equivalent is required. 2 year, post high school degree/certificate or equivalent in experience is preferred.
- Specific knowledge and training in electrical, electronic, or mechanical curriculum as required as well as knowledge of algebraic formula.
- Experience Requirement: 6-8 years* related experience, plus meet or exceed minimum critical skill qualifications as defined by the skills matrix. Additional experience may be substituted for formal education. *Years of related experience may be accelerated through demonstration of critical skills
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.