Application Developer / Administrator (6070)
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
The Data Control System Administrator’s primary area of responsibility will include support, administration, development services, and service delivery for the suite of Data Management applications. This individual will work closely with business and vendor resources to fully understand the needs and direction of the organization in the compliance space as it pertains to document management and control. Additional areas of responsibility will include participating in all levels of the software development lifecycle (including change management) and performing system and software administrator functions within the Data and Document Management organizations. This is a US ONLY Remote role.
Your Day to Day:
- Provide Tier 2 & 3 Server and Client support for Data Control Systems, including Titus and NextLabs
- Maintain and implement configuration changes to the Data Management program according to Westinghouse change management policies and procedures
- Work with business and compliance entities to develop functional requirements and design documentation
- Create and maintain monitoring and reporting capabilities within suite of Data Management applications
- Collaborate with Application/Infrastructure/Compliance teams for adherence to best practices and process standardizations.
- Contribute to development and maintenance of core frameworks, APIs, and data structures
- Follow design best practices and implement regular deployments of application configuration while adhering to guidelines of system development lifecycles and agile development methodologies
- Understand and leverage new features of all underlying technologies; Recommend and implement emerging software solutions.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment while adhering to all necessary trade compliance and export control regulations
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree. Applicable disciplines are Information technology, Computer Science with knowledge of Data Management
- 2 Years System Administration and Software Development experience preferred but not required
- Experience with software development preferred
- General knowledge of REST API platforms
- General knowledge of Active Directory Service
- Change/Incident/Support management capabilities
- Working knowledge of Linux and/or Windows Operating Systems including scripting languages
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills for critical database, networking and system administration issues
- Ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients, peers, and management to develop solutions
- Ability to handle diverse situations and rapidly changing priorities with deadlines
- Ability to fully document technical design and related project or systems-level documentation
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.