HR Representative (6104)
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
The HR Representative works across multiple administration areas for established HR and rewards programs including HR employment issues (hiring and termination processes and labor law issues, contract renewals and dismissals, trainee programs, expatriates, control/process of retirement, etc.); Personnel records maintenance (job history, retirement and insurance documentation, leave accrual records and details of illness, absences, transfers, and salary progression, etc.). Work is closely supervised and problems faced are not typically difficult or complex. The selected candidate will be expected to work a minimum of three days at the Columbia, SC site, with the option of two days work from home.
Your Day to Day:
- Consults with more experience HR representatives to advise and coach managers and employees on employee relations issues to promote positive relationships between managers and employees
- Ensures equitable application of organization policies and procedures along with ensuring compliance with applicable state and federal laws.
- Supports workplace investigations for employee relations situations such as allegations of discrimination, harassment, Title VII violations, retaliation, misconduct, hostile work environment. and termination determinations normally under the guidance of more experienced HR representatives.
- Advised management and employees company policies, procedures, and programs.
- Support internal projects and workstreams as needed. Identify and recommend methods to resolve problems, update, simplify, enhance, and optimize existing processes, procedures, policies, and technologies. Supports cross functional continuous improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with the members of the Human Resources group to continuously identify and improve people programs and processes through building/updating SOPs, process documentation, employee-facing resources and recommending improvements.
- Works with more experiences HR representative to respond to and resolve escalated cases in more complex HR scenarios.
- Engages with other HR representatives to support initiatives such as organizational design and change, talent assessment and gap identification, and communication and change management strategies.
- Supports HR leaders in the planning and execution of strategic HR projects, programs, and initiatives
Who You Are:
- BS or BA degree in a related field or equivalent
- 3 years HR experience preferred but not required
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.