Workday HRIS Systems Analyst (Remote)
- Maintain the integrity and reliability of the organizations Workday HCM, ensuring application meets the needs, requirements, and organizational objectives
- Collaborate with HR Business leaders to determine long-term and short-term system objectives of Workday HCM and develop a plan to carry those objections to completion
- Assist with planning system and development deployments and is responsible for meeting software compliance standards
- Documents testing and maintenance of system configuration and data corrections
- Work closely with HR Business leaders to identify and recommend improvements to maximize value and efficiency of Workday HCM
- Drive the planning, prioritization, design, development and deployment of new projects & system enhancements
- Understand business requirements, configuring the Workday HCM product and creating documentation as needed
- Support ad hoc reporting requests
- Participate in the change management and support processes
- Support daily Workday related helpdesk tickets via triage or escalation to appropriate resources
- Facilitate review sessions with functional owners, subject matter experts and end-user representatives
- Coordinate and perform unit testing and system testing to ensure requirements are met. Work closely with project team during user acceptance testing (UAT); including tracking issues through to resolution and securing end user acceptance signoff
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of technical experience, with 3 of those years configuring Workday required, or equivalent.
- Experience with Workday Benefits, Learning, Performance Management, Recruiting, Security, Integrations, EIB loads, and/or Advanced Compensation a plus.
- Advanced technical and analytical skills and advanced knowledge of business processes and methodologies along with a strong analytical and data modeling background.
- Effective communication skills, problem solving and the ability to resolve technical issues independently.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Good project management skills/experience.
- Highly organized but adaptable to changing priorities and requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication.
- Process oriented, and experience with process improvement initiatives.
- Proven ability to uphold the highest regard for confidentiality.
- Ability to model Argonne's core values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
- To perform the essential functions of this position successful applicants must provide proof of U.S. citizenship, which is required to comply with federal regulations and contract.
Job FamilyProfessional Technical (PT)
Job ProfileIT Multi-Functional 3
Time TypeFull time
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.
Please note that all Argonne employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All successful applicants will be required to provide their COVID-19 vaccination verification as a condition of employment, subject to limited legally recognized exemptions to COVID-19 vaccination.