Senior Specialist, Regulatory Affairs (6432)
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Specialist, Regulatory Affiars to join our Global Nuclear Regulatory Affairs Division. The Senior Specialist will perform licensing support and analysis and/or provide regulatory leadership globally including support of the Westinghouse 10CFR21 program and Westinghouse licensed facilities and will act as expert knowledge resource of specific regulation, technology, or engineering position. This is a US Only Remote/Mobile role.
Your Day to Day:
- Prepare 10CFR21 Evaluations, licensing reports, licensing amendment requests, and other licensing documents like decommissioning funding plans and license renewals.
- Assemble and direct engineering teams in responding to problems related to safety and licensing.
- Support internal Westinghouse organizations, such as US and international fuel facilities, with licensing needs.
- Coordinate activities among Westinghouse licensed facilities and licensing groups.
- Develop procedures, processes and/or methods for implementing regulatory requirements and for how Westinghouse will conduct licensing activities.
- Develop and deliver presentations to communicate status, problem resolution or promote related regulatory positions.
- Interface with customers, regulators, and industry entities (e.g. NRC, NEI, PWROG) and participate in industry activities to ensure Westinghouse interests prevail and to maintain expertise on all current licensing related issues.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/related technical discipline or equivalent.
- Typically 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrates understanding of Regulatory/Nuclear Regulatory Commission regulations, methods and processes.
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.