Valve Engineer (6455)
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace!
Your Day to Day:
- Interface with the customer at Vogtle for Valve and Valve testing to provide:
- Technical assistance with installation, wiring, terminations, testing, troubleshooting and grooming of Safety Related and Non-Safety Related Motor Operated Valves (MOVs), Air Operated Valves (AOVs), check valves and other valve types.
- Guidance on implementation of technical requirements documents, including, but not limited to, design specifications, fabrication and manufacturing specifications, technical manuals, design drawings, etc.
- Walkdowns of valves, whether in the warehouse or installed in the plant, to ensure compliance with design requirements. d) valve testing equipment, including, but not limited to, VOTES, Fisher Flow Scanner, MOVATS, etc and stem mounted strain gauges (i.e. Crane Easy Torque-Thrust sensor, Teledyne's Quick Stem Sensor, etc.).
- To provide an understanding of traces and plots as they relate to the design basis and troubleshooting of equipment issues.
- Read and Understand technical requirements documents, including, but not limited to, design specifications, fabrication and manufacturing specifications, technical manuals, design drawings, etc.
- Participate in technical discussions between Corporate and site personnel on valve issues.
- Maintain Fitness for Duty (FFD) as required by Vogtle site standards and requirements.
- Complete training in the PowerHub system on, or before, the due date.
- Maintain qualifications as required.
- Must be able to pass background investigation to gain access to the customers site with unescorted badge access and access to the customers document control database (X2).
- Position may require weekend coverage, night shift coverage and overtime. Work on Holidays may also be coordinated and required."
- Candidate must be able to obtain Unescorted Site Access
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.