PSEG Company: PSEG Services Corp.
Salary Range: $ 67,500 - $ 128,300
Incentive: PIP 5%
Work Location Category: Onsite
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
Critical Facilities Engineer who understands best in class service. The incumbent will be an important member of our facilities team at our Bridgewater Facility where we manage one of the most efficient and cost-effective Data Center/Mission Critical Facilities. Within this role, you will work with a team of other electrical and mechanical focused mechanics/technicians performing and overseeing maintenance and repair for our data center environment and associated infrastructure. The requirement for uptime is imperative as well as keeping our facilities maintained to a very high standard in order to insure uninterrupted service for our internal client and the Organization. You will be working in a Mission Critical/Data Center environment and on associated critical systems (UPS, PDU, STS, Diesel Generators, ATS , Fire Suppression, Mechanical Plant and Environmental Data Room equipment and associated DDC Building Controls Etc.), as well as electrical and mechanical support equipment and systems. No disruption to mission critical infrastructure support elements is paramount.
- Oversees/Performs maintenance and service repairs on critical Data Center Systems. (UPS, PDU, Diesel Generators, ATS equipment and Building Controls, Chillers, CRAH Unit, Etc.) This will encompass all electrical equipment and systems that include power distribution components/wiring, electronic components and mechanical systems throughout the data center/facility to ensure efficient operation and adherence with relevant codes.
- Interprets building codes and regulations as they relate to electrical/mechanical installation.
- Reads and reviews blueprints, floor plans, wiring diagrams and job specifications to determine best method of installing/maintaining electrical and mechanical infrastructure. Prepares and presents estimates of cost of parts, equipment, and any supplies of proposed installation or repairs.
- On-call emergency response to building issues and regional on-call rotation through phone, e-mail, and building automation system.
- Operate and inspect emergency power generation and reliability equipment; determining if systems are functioning properly and that maintenance is performed in accordance with original manufacturer’s recommendations while also following internal protocol. Installs new equipment or replacement parts for existing units according to specifications and established safety guidelines, relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- During staff shifts, will schedule, coordinate, and oversee all maintenance vendors during maintenance and break/fix events to ensure personnel safety, protect the Facility’s critical equipment, and maintain power to the critical load. Collect and generate vendor field service reports describing all activities (preventive maintenance, repairs, etc.) performed at the Facility.
- Ensure all maintenance activities are performed in accordance with approved MOPs and the PSEG Mission Critical Facility work rules. Perform periodic technical and quality reviews of all MOPs, SOPs and SOOs to ensure that the most “up-to-date” techniques and safety guidelines are utilized as well as being compliant with City, State and EPA regulations.
- Assist/Develop reliability reports (Risk Analysis) to assist in identifying areas of concern that could develop into future problems. Conduct oversight/training with other technicians and personnel on equipment/system maintenance, repairs and operation.
- Daily walk-through/inspections of the Facility while documenting parameters such as power availability, temperature and humidity, alarm status, etc. to be catalogued and compared for identification of discrepancies and trends. Ensures availability and capacity targets are achieved and maintained for data center and technical infrastructure for the PSEG Data Center/Operation environment.
Job Specific Qualifications
- Minimum six years+ of “hands on” maintenance and repair experience within mission critical facilities. Emergency Generators, Parallel Switchgear, electrical distribution (MV/LV switchgear and associated controls), critical and essential STS, PDU, UPS, and related switchgear. HVAC, Chilled water plant, air handling units, computer grade cooling systems, (CRAC/CRAH) and building monitoring/control systems (BAS). Fire Suppression Systems. Fuel distribution systems etc.
- Possess a complete understanding and working knowledge of all infrastructure components and system operations at the Data Center Facility Environment.
- Demonstrated experience in operating, maintaining, repairing, inspecting and testing critical electrical distribution systems and components, electrical connections to critical facility equipment , Mechanical support systems and building management/automation equipment using necessary hand tools and testing equipment.
- Ability to read commercial building blueprints and understand electrical single lines and schematics.
- Strong Technical Writing skills and experience as well as creating, coordinating, updating and/or modifying MOP/SOPs/SOOs for critical facilities equipment, to include supporting new systems and researching technical requirements.
- May be required to complete formal training in area of specialty.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to respond to “on call” emergencies, as well as work on nights or weekends when required. Valid driver’s license required.
- Potential candidates/employees must successfully complete a NERC CIP background check and drug screen.
- Extensive Background/Education/Certification and equivalent work experience in the Electrical and Mechanical field is highly desired. Strong emphasis on technical skills/training, with the intent to obtain further knowledgebase requirements in a reasonable time period.
- Computer skills related to Microsoft office suite and real estate management systems and IWMS software (preferably Tririga).
Minimum Years of Experience
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Candidates must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidates must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG LI, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to 10 CFR Part 810 controlled information. If the position does require access to this information, the Talent Acquisition representative will provide further details upon making an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through [Register to View]
by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call [Register to View]
or email [Register to View]
If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email [Register to View]
[Register to View]