Control Systems Engineer (6470)
***WTSS Contract Opportunity***
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports reputable organizations across multiple industries? At WECTEC Staffing Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Westinghouse Electric Company LLC, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset, and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for a contract Control Systems Engineer. This position will be located at the Vogtle site in Waynesboro, GA. The position will be full-time for at least 6 months and could last up to 18 months. Overtime will be available and shift work could be required.
What we’d like to see from you:
- Familiarity with PWR based nuclear power plant fluid systems. Experience with the AP1000 design would be desirable.
- Previous experience commissioning and starting up a distributed control system.
- Familiarity with the typical instrumentation used in power generation applications.
- Ability to read and interpret P&IDs, functional logic diagrams and other I&C related documents.
- Ability to troubleshoot and isolate issues encountered during plant commissioning activities.
- Ability to communicate clearly with both local and remote team members.
- Ability to work effectively in a high pressure environment with minimal guidance.
- Experience working with the Ovation platform is desired. This includes the ability to navigate displays, navigate control sheets, understand control logic and diagnose point database configuration issues.
- Experience installing, commissioning and troubleshooting Modbus and Profibus-DP is desirable.
Our Safety Pledge to You:
If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then this is the position for you! For us, our guiding principle has always been and will continue to be the safety of our people. It’s that simple!
Why WECTEC Staffing Services?
Through the ever changing and rapidly evolving contract labor market we continue to employ experienced, highly motivated, and qualified employees with proven track records to meet our clients’ needs. We have expanded our scope of services outside of the nuclear industry to include international contracts in more than five countries. Our dedicated employees range in expertise from highly specialized technical niche positions to corporate function positions and we want YOU to be a part of our impressive talent network!
Additionally, WECTEC Staffing Services offers competitive pay as well as benefits to qualifying positions. To learn more about us visit [Register to View] style="color:#0563c1;text-decoration:underline">[Register to View]
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability