Systems Engineer (6464)
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
Westinghouse personnel have been providing real-time plant monitoring systems to the nuclear power industry for over 40 years. We are growing and are seeking qualified personnel to gain an expert knowledge of our offerings and work with project team members to perform system configuration and assists in integration, project delivery, and future product enhancements.
This position is responsible for the design, integration and documentation of Plant Process Computer Systems used in nuclear power plants. A working knowledge of cyber security techniques used to mitigate insider and outsider threats is essential in configuring these systems. The position develops, documents, configures, tests and debugs system network and data acquisition equipment designs to ensure customer requirements are met. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with software and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Also, determines computer user needs, analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems that might arise during system integration. This position designs custom adapters/cabling interfaces to transition existing plant equipment to new state of the art computer equipment. The position also prepares documentation required by the customer to maintain the system after delivery.
Your Day to Day
- Performs network designs
- Performs data acquisition designs including interface cabling and custom adapter designs
- Performs design, development and documentation activities for Plant Monitoring Software (PMS) for Nuclear Power plant Instrumentation & Control Systems
- Performs system configuration tasks including installation and deployment of Microsoft Server software
- Performs system configuration tasks including configuration and deployment of Microsoft Windows 10 (and later products) software
- Perform Domain Controller configuration and deployment
- Perform 3rd party software installation and deployment of cyber security specific software tools.
- Participate in the set-up, system modification and system integration and testing, and delivery of our Projects
- Performs network switch configuration and documentation
- Performs proposal development and establishing costs and budgets for system integration
- Understand and implement the quality standards applicable to nuclear safety systems
- Willing to travel and work with local and international customers
Who are you:
The Successful candidate will bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Associates degree with applicable years experience in systems integrations or information technologies deployments.
- Minimum 5 years of applicable experience required; 7 plus year preferred.
- Data acquisition hardware and software
- Knowledge of circuit designs to support custom cables and interfaces
- Cisco switch configuration
Preferred (not required):
- Experience with Cyber security
- Experience with Cisco switches
- Experience with RTP data acquisition systems
- Experience with Servers and workstations
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.