Quality Operations Leader (6499)
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
Quality Operations Leader
This position is responsible and accountable for mid-term and supports long term execution of the Quality Operations strategy of GOS quality.
Your Day to Day:
- Serves as a primary technical resource for GOS leading the achievement of milestones on the Quality Operations roadmap.
- Expert understanding of technically complex product and multiple manufacturing technologies; integrates well across multiple disciplines.
- Careful judgement and application of modern technical tools to diverse, often difficult-to-define problems and requirements.
- Self-driven to expand technical breadth and its new applications to new business directions (growth).
- Leads development of quality criteria for a world class Supply Chain organization that manages capable suppliers.
- Build the management operating system to support low touch oversight of suppliers.
- Leads cross-functional teams of Product Engineers, Design Engineers, and Quality Engineers to identify productivity improvement opportunities that will reduce quality escapes, improve Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ), reduce manufacturing cycle time, and improve process yields.
- Integrates across multiple functions as required to help define quality process improvement initiatives, executing product yield improvement projects.
- Integrates across multiple functions as required to help define quality process improvement initiatives to drive overall efficiency of QA & QC. Drive implementation of Divisional Quality KPIs, set measurable goals and implement easily accessible scorecards/reporting tools for KPIs, establish the right control points in the process and drive improvements (area escapes, process performance), Customer feedback framework (delivered deficiencies, complaints …), developing a robust management operating system to manage the quality aspects of the internal and external supply chain.
Required to be successful in the role:
- 10+ years of increasing responsibility
- Bachelors degree required
- Demonstrated quality transformation experience in highly regulated industry
- Technical leadership in Quality disciplines
- Operational leadership experience
- Broad knowledge of quality management techniques and other manufacturing experience
- Business acumen, short term and long-term business understanding
- Customer and regulatory experience
- Supplier development
- Process documentation/work instructions/industry spec development
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.