Materials Technical Lead (6624)
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for a Materials Technical Lead. The selected candidate will work within the Advanced Reactor Testing and Materials group supporting the eVinci microreactor test program. The candidate will work primarily at the Waltz Mill site, with occasional travel to the Cranberry HQ and Churchill locations.
- Responsibilities will include applying knowledge of materials science to support the development of materials for nuclear applications, translating engineering requirements into test plans, development and execution of test plans and preparation of engineering analyses, calculations, and reports.
- Bring engineering rigor to resolution of problems, requiring prior knowledge and/or literature review within given discipline.
- Verify work of other engineers on assignments that range from basic to complex.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to and collaborate with other entities including Los Alamos National Laboratory, Idaho National Laboratory, and other third parties.
- Provide technical oversight and coordination of the eVinci Materials efforts.
- Lead development of advanced materials and manufacturing processes.
- Lead material testing programs in a test lab environment, and/or work with external testing laboratories.
- Interface with customers, national labs and universities for collaborative development programs to develop advanced materials.
- Lead large multi-discipline groups or teams to accomplish desired business objectives.
- Conduct statistical analysis of test data results.
- This person may also be required to develop and deliver presentations to communicate status, problem resolution or promote related business products
Who You Are:
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Materials Science Engineering or related engineering discipline required; Advance Degree preferred
- 10+ years experience.
- Experience with high temperature material applications.
- Knowledge of the mechanisms and effects of corrosion.
- Prior experience working in a lab/testing environment.
- Experience with any or all of the following:
- High-temperature Structural Alloys (Fe, Ni, Co base)
- Liquid Metal Embrittlement/Corrosion
- Graphitic Materials and Composites
- Refractory Alloys
- Structural Ceramics
- Radiation Damage in Materials
- Mechanical Testing and Stress Analysis
- Microstructural and Compositional Analysis
- Strong organizational, planning skills, and attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, self-starter.
- Good judgment and the ability to prioritize a number of diverse tasks.
- Orientation towards achieving Customer Success.
- Effective communication, teaming, and team building skills.
- Strong technical writing ability.
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.