FOSAR Inspector (6611)
FOSAR Inspector/Nuclear Outage Robotic Technician for Foreign Object Retrieval (Gamers wanted) - Outage (Contract)
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At WECTEC Staffing Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Westinghouse Electric Company LLC, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity to become part of our Field Services team! Training is held during the summer. Outage season is held a couple months during the year. Work is long hours for a few weeks during the year.
Foreign object search and retrieval is a highly specialized service used in the nuclear industry on steam generators. It is performed in any component in a nuclear power plant where foreign material may have the potential to cause damage to mechanical systems.
What your day-to-day looks like:
- Set up and connect control boxes for audio video system and robotic inspection system.
- Direct the running of cables and staging equipment
- Lead the installation and set-up of inspection equipment
- Perform inspections using manual video inspection probes
- Operate the robotic inspection system and audio/visual system
- Retrieve foreign material from steam generator using remote tooling
- Set up and operate sludge lance equipment
- Troubleshoot the equipment and processes associated with secondary side services
- When required, perform FME monitoring in accordance with approved procedures
What we need to see from you:
- Gaming/controller skills are preferred
- Mechanical Experience
- Robotic Training or Robotic Experience
- A Full Commitment to the Nuclear Safety Culture
- Nuclear Outage Experience Preferred
- Military Experience Preferred
- Strong work ethic
Our Safety Pledge to You:
If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then this is the position for you! For us, our guiding principle has always been and will continue to be the safety of our people. It’s that simple!
Why WECTEC Staffing Services?
Through the ever changing and rapidly evolving contract labor market we continue to employ experienced, highly motivated, and qualified employees with proven track records to meet our clients’ needs. We have expanded our scope of services outside of the nuclear industry to include international contracts in more than five countries. Our dedicated employees range in expertise from highly specialized technical niche positions to corporate function positions and we want YOU to be a part of our impressive talent network!
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability