Mechanical Engineer 2 (5947)
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
Position: Mechanical Engineer II
As a Mechanical Engineer II in the operating plants mechanical systems area, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with a multi-discipline team of engineers in the design, analysis, and evaluation of systems using engineering software, including support to more senior engineers.
- Apply engineering principles and engineering codes & standards, such as ASME and ANSI, to the design, analysis, and evaluation of systems.
- Resolve technical issues for operating nuclear power plants, new plants (e.g., AP1000, eVinci), and other nuclear projects (e.g., fuel fabrication facilities).
- Develop calculations and reports to document design and analysis results in accordance with ASME Section III code requirements and other international codes.
- Apply procurement engineering and part optimization techniques to engineering projects.
- Interface with engineers in other disciplines such as electrical and civil/structural.
- Participate on project teams with internal and/or external representation.
- Participate in customer and vendor meetings to present technical materials and justification of services and product designs.
- Perform work within established scope, budgetary and schedule requirements.
Potential candidates should be able to meet the following requirements (as a minimum):
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Mechanical (preferred), Civil, Chemical, or Industrial Engineering.
- 2-4 years of engineering experience.
- Power industry (e.g., nuclear power plant) experience is a plus.
- Able to demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (i.e., Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Familiarity with ASME Section III criteria.
- Ability to work with multiple functions to coordinate the flow of information.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language. Proficiency on other languages is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Accuracy, thoroughness, and timeliness.
- Ability to work in an international team environment.
- Ability to relocate for short-term and long-term assignments.
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.