I&C Engineer/FPGA Engineer (6951)
Opportunity Overview: I&C Engineer/FPGA Engineer (Contract)
WECTEC Staffing / Westinghouse has an exciting opportunity for an I&C Engineer with well developed FPGA skills and experience. This position will be based out of our Cranbery Township, PA headquarters - work can be split between home and office. This is a contract role with potential to convert to a permanent position.
What your day-to-day looks like:
- Develop a system design for the I&C system based on functional requirements, design requirements and regulatory requirements
- Collaborate with internal cross functional groups and stake holders to ensure integration of the I&C system into the eVinci plant
- Create functional logic diagrams to capture the I&C system behavior
- Provide guidance to hardware design engineers to develop the hardware design of the I&C system
- Provide guidance to software design engineers to develop the software of the I&C system
- Collaborate with project managers to address risks, estimate system cost and schedule
- Develop test plan and procedure documentation; execute testing based on project needs
- Understand equipment qualification standards and interface with equipment qualification groups for qualification of the I&C system
- Interface with external national labs, collaborators and suppliers as required for key components of the I&C system
- Create Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) requirements and design specifications based on higher level requirements specifications.
- Create FPGA Hardware Description Language (HDL) code based on FPGA specifications.
- Assist in engineering review of system and FPGA documentation.
- Assist in board level design, functional testing, and integration testing.
- Assist in application development based on system functional and design requirements specifications.
- Assist in planning of FPGA work tasks and schedule reporting.
- Create system Verilog test bench for FPGA designs, including applicable documentation.
- Assist in creation of engineering test tools and FPGAs.
What we need to see from you:
- Well developed FPGA skill set
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering is preferred; in lieu of degree equivalent experience is required
- Minimum 6-10 years of applicable experience in a similar role is required
- Knowledge of Labview is a plus
- Knowledge of ALS is a plus
- U.S citizenship required
Our Safety Pledge to You:
If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then this is the position for you! For us, our guiding principle has always been and will continue to be the safety of our people. It’s that simple!
Why WECTEC Staffing Services?
Through the ever changing and rapidly evolving contract labor market we continue to employ experienced, highly motivated, and qualified employees with proven track records to meet our clients’ needs. We have expanded our scope of services outside of the nuclear industry to include international contracts in more than five countries. Our dedicated employees range in expertise from highly specialized technical niche positions to corporate function positions and we want YOU to be a part of our impressive talent network!
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability