(NJNG Union) Shift Dispatcher (1791)
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you’ll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG), a division of New Jersey Resources is seeking a Shift Dispatcher. Qualified candidates can effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, stimulating environment. In addition, qualified candidates have the ability to:
- Respond to emergency calls in a professional and immediate manner
- Collaborate with team members to achieve results
- Communicate in a clear, concise manner:
- Critical written communication skills include keyboard skills, spelling and grammar
- Critical verbal communication skills include both the ability to relay information accurate and efficiently between various parties and soft skills (the ability to speak effectively with internal employees, customers and emergency services personnel (FD,PD and EMS)
- Prioritize tasks and remain calm during stressful situations
- Resolve customer issues
- Adapt to ever-changing workload demands
- Problem solve and make decisions to ensure the safety of our employees and customers
- Follow procedures while using creativity to achieve preferred outcomes
- Become proficient in operating various computer and communications equipment and systems
- Must work a rotating shift schedule. Shifts rotate 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., 4:00. pm. - 12:00 a.m. and 12:00 a.m. - 8:00am - Including weekends and holidays
- Assure prompt and effective handling of emergency response to ensure safety of life and property, including dispatching personnel to priority orders within company priority response guidelines and communicating damage reports
- Organize and adjust the daily work flow based on workload demands, limiting overtime and standby while honoring customer commitments. Responsible for assessing and reassessing changing conditions and personnel. Communicates assessments and recommendations/decisions to Supervisor to meet business needs in a timely manner
- Responsible for receiving, coordinating and disseminating critical information from various sources including emergency and non-emergency calls for service.
- Work with Field Supervision and Dispatch Supervision to ensure all emergency, compliance and customer commitments are met
- Schedule work orders in an accurate and efficient manner
- Update/remark customer accounts with pertinent information regarding the customer’s gas service
- Fields in-bound calls from contractors, police and fire personnel regarding emergencies. Determine the scope and necessary action/follow up. Dispatch appropriate personnel to minimize hazards to the customer and general public
- Field in-bound customer calls during off-hours
- Maintains radio contact with mobile/field units to monitor response, progress and any needed support. Maintains communication with assigned unit
- Follow all company policies & procedures
- Provide administrative support as necessary
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying
- Previous dispatch or emergency response experience a plus
- Minimum one to three years related experience and/or training in a dispatch center, radio communications, or call center
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office required
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.