Principal Mechanical / Tube Integrity Engineer (5421)
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for Principal Mechanical / Tube Integrity Engineer.
- Technical lead for development of steam generator tube degradation assessments prior to plant refueling outages to plan for anticipated flaws observed during steam generator tube eddy current inspections.
- Establish steam generator primary side eddy current inspection plan, including scope and detection / sizing techniques to be utilized
- Perform extensive operating experience research to determine applicability of identified types of material degradation to a specific plant.
- Identification of existing and potential degradation mechanisms on a plant-specific basis
- Calculate structural and condition monitoring limits (critical flaw length and depth) for anticipated types of material degradation.
- Develop guidance / criteria for pressure and leak testing of steam generator tubes with observed flaws during the plant outage, as well as plugging/stabilizing tubes with observed indications, in accordance with the plant licensing basis.
- Lead development of condition monitoring and operational assessments of observed flaws using deterministic and probabilistic methods.
- Demonstrate condition monitoring limits are met for detected and undetected flaws of existing degradation types
- Establish growth rates for existing and potential degradation mechanism and determine flaw growth using Monte Carlo techniques for established operational periods to demonstrate structural and leakage integrity until the next planned inspection.
- Define existing and potential degradation mechanisms for the next planned steam generator inspection
- Support plant refueling outages (both on-site and remotely) including stretches of 12-hour shift work and overnight work because of time sensitivity.
- Developed a tube integrity training program and was lead instructor for coursework and training of four engineers to become proficient in tube integrity evaluations.
- Provided continued mentorship of these engineers throughout tenure in the department.
- Assist in strategic planning for utilities to establish future inspection scope and schedule to maximize operating time between inspections while meeting regulatory commitments and industry guidance
- Responsible for Westinghouse computer software Single Flaw Model and Full Bundle Model which are used for performing tube integrity evaluations
Who You Are:
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 8 years of applicable experience required; 10 plus years preffered.
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.