Chem Lab Tech 1 (7274)
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
Chemistry Lab Technician Level 1
Individual will learn to perform setup and monitoring of various pieces of analytical equipment. Individual will also perform troubleshooting of the analytical equipment when it is determined that the equipment is performing below expectations or when negative trends are observed. Perform routine, basic, repetitive assignments involving detail visual mechanical and dimensional inspections and analytical chemistry and physical measurements in accordance with approved procedures.
Your Day to Day:
- Setup and monitor analytical equipment
- Calibrate and operate equipment.
- Prepare required reagents, solution, and standards.
- Review data and able to identify trends and interpret analytical results.
- Trouble shoot and maintenance of equipment
- Ability to perform 1st echelon maintenance.
- Follow procedural trouble shooting steps.
- Maintain cleanliness of tools, work area, and equipment.
- Perform dimensional inspections and physical measurements
- Visual inspection.
- Measuring product with non-destructive measuring equipment.
- Analytical chemistry
- Perform analysis of solutions and powders.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. Preferred relevant technical degree.
- 0-2 years in an analytical laboratoryIdentify process upsets
- Perform standard shop math
- Computer literacy
- Communication: listening, oral, and written
- Works well independently
- Problem solving
- Perform basic conversions and statistics
- Analytical chemistry techniques
- Inspires and relates well to others
- Creates / leads teams
- Chemical Technology certificate or similar preferred
Activities of the Job and Frequency
Work Materials Used/Protective Equipment Needed
Please list all special work materials used and/or protective equipment used.
Work Materials Used
Computer, clip board, scales
Protective Equipment Needed – eye, hearing protection, hard hat, steel-toed shoes, etc.
Safety glasses, safety toed shoes, gloves, lab coat
Special Physical Tasks
Please list all special physical tasks and all other corresponding information.
Lifting product containers
Work Environment Setting
% of time working inside: 95%
% of time working outside: 5%
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.