Project Engineer (6449)
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
Your Day to Day:
- Read blueprints and determine manufacturing process needed to make to print.
- Create purchase requisitions to order raw material based on material specifications.
- Collaborate with design, quality and operations in their planning processes and scheduling with work-in-progress production updates, fabrication completion and delivery updates.
- Assist production leaders to create and instruct credible production plans and schedules that balance available capacity and resources.
- Support quoting for responding to new opportunities
- Support supply chain and mitigate delivery issues, reporting shortages and recovery programs to meet the plan throughout project life cycle, manage the impact and escalate issues.
- Ensure process compliance through the use of company standard systems, processes and reports.
- Timely release of internal deliverables to support production activities dependent on these documents to maintain delivery schedules.
- Support continuous improvement activities for planning, control, inventory, production and delivery lead times.
Who You Are:
- Engineering Degreed or equivalent experience
- 5 years experience in project-based manufacturing environment
- Experience in production planning & control.
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel
- Communicates well with others to convey information effectively.
- Familiar with reading blueprints / drawings and schematics
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.