PSEG Company: PSEG Long Island
Salary Range: $ 87,200 - $ 165,700
Incentive: PIP 15%
Work Location Category: Remote Local
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
Consistent with our core commitment of safety, PSEG has made the decision to require all new hires to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated as a condition of hire. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a disability can request a reasonable accommodation.
The NERC Compliance Project Manager will have oversight responsibilities in 2 primary areas of focus as follows:
Project Management - Responsible for overseeing and managing one or more complex projects related to NERC compliance for both Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) and/or Non-CIP Operations Standards. Develops and executes project schedules, project tasks, and maintains working relationships within PSEG Services Corporation implementing organizations and all the lines of business. Oversees and manages projects related to new and revised NERC Reliability Standards applicable to Bulk Electric Systems. Applies project management methodologies and techniques to report project status and quality metrics to management. Allocates tasks and resources to meet project schedules.
Compliance Program Guidance and Oversight - Responsible for meeting critical NERC/CIP reporting deadlines and assisting the Manager of NERC/CIP Compliance with reviews of submittals to NERC and Regional Organizations ensuring data is comprehensive, complete and submitted on schedule to meet critical turnaround times and all regulatory requirements. The NERC Compliance Project Manager evaluates the business impact of new and revised NERC standards, and provides guidance and oversight for the implementation of these new and revised standards to the lines-of-business NERC compliance efforts. Ability to keep current on FERC, NERC, NPCC, NYSRC activities and to communicate these to management in a clear, concise and timely manner in order to ensure compliance.
Non-compliance with NERC standards potentially exposes the Company to significant monetary penalties.
Job Specific Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical discipline, and a minimum of six years of related experience as a project team member, at least one year in a leadership position and experience with computer systems or NERC Operations and Planning Compliance administration OR Without a degree, ten or more years of utility experience with related NERC Compliance activity or program, a minimum of six years as a project team member, at least one year in a leadership position and experience with computer systems administration or NERC Operations and Planning Compliance administration.
• Solid project management skills, with the ability to:
o Manage projects from conception to successful implementation, and
o Multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment.
• Strong analytical, communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills with the ability to foster working relationships with the team and client departments.
• Experience managing and directing Compliance related projects.
• Experience in change management and requirements management; process re-engineering.
• Expert knowledge of MS Project, Visio, Adobe Pro, MS Office.
• Must have demonstrated attention to detail skill sets, be results oriented and be able to work concurrently with multiple deadlines and deliverables.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills (e.g. preparation of legal or regulatory reports)
• Knowledge of Federal regulations with regard to electric reliability standards, regional reliability councils and related industry organizations, NERC reliability standards, or similar experience with monitoring and reporting on regulatory mandated processes required.
• Strong negotiation and influencing skill sets.
Minimum Years of Experience
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Candidates must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidates must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG LI, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to 10 CFR Part 810 controlled information. If the position does require access to this information, the Talent Acquisition representative will provide further details upon making an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through [Register to View]
by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call [Register to View]
or email [Register to View]
If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email [Register to View]
[Register to View]