Sr HR Advisor
[Register to View] target="_blank">NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
Come join our exciting, dynamic team!
NextEra Energy is seeking a talented Human Resources professional to join our Human Resources Operations department. We’re searching for a self-motivated, independent individual who has the ability to conduct internal employee relations investigations into complaints, legal issues and compliance violations. This job will consult with leaders across the enterprise on applicable HR programs, policies, and/or employee relations matters. The position will be based in Kansas City, KS Oklahoma City, OK or the San Antonio, Texas area and must have the ability to travel up to 40% of their time throughout the Company’s service territory. In addition to these requirements, this individual must be able to support the Company’s storm restoration efforts.Job Overview
Employees in this role partner with assigned business units to consult in one or more areas of human resources. This job will also participate or lead HR related projects and mentor team members.Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responds to employee or leader inquiries regarding performance coaching, leader policy consulting, progressive discipline, employee guidance and other employee related matters
- Recommends, counsels and assists management regarding workforce planning and design, employee development, process improvement, succession planning, performance management, compensation and benefits, diversity, and staffing and recruiting
- Consults with team members and HR Business Partners to identify employee issues and provide tailored “people solutions” to meet business objectives
- Provides recommendations for case resolution and closure
- Fosters and maintains relationships with key stakeholders
- Achieves required metrics and offer suggestions to continuously improve processes, systems and technology
- Provides data-driven analysis and recommendations
- Participates in or leads one or more HR projects
- Serves as a mentor to entry and mid-level team members
- Ensures compliance with company policies and applicable laws
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 4+ years
- Master’s Degree
- Professional HR Certification (PHR)
- Senior Professional in HR Cert (SPHR)
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Human Resources
Organization:NextEra Project Mgmt
Relocation Provided: No
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to [Register to View] style="color:blue;text-decoration:underline">[Register to View] style="color:#333333">, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-[Register to View] . Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our [Register to View] style="color:blue;text-decoration:underline" target="_blank">policy for more information.