Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today [Register to View]
Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy Inc. is seeking an Associate Accountant at the Juno Beach location. In this role you will report to the Corporate and Other Consolidation and Reporting Manager and focus mainly on NextEra Energy cash flow preparation and month end close processes. Specific duties and responsibilities of this role include:
Position Specific Description
- Support the cash flow reporting process for Corporate and Other
- Responsible for month end close processes including recording requested topside entries
- Ensure all monthly financial reports are generated accurately and timely
- Maintain SOX Compliance by ensuring financial data integrity and maintaining a strong control environment
- Work closely with other accounting personnel, project analysis and reporting, financial systems and operations to ensure the proper consolidation and reporting
- Create, update and review desktop procedures for assigned tasks
- Ad Hoc analysis and reporting as required
Employees in this job assist in preparing financial reports in a timely manner that are in compliance with GAAP and accurately reflect the financial status of the company.Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Assists in researching GAAP, SEC regulations, and relative company policies, practices and procedures
• Prepares schedules and journal entries
• Understands and applies appropriate internal controls to ensure accounting integrity of corporate financial data
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's - Accounting / Finance / Business
• Experience: 0+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
Organization:Florida Power & Light Company
Relocation Provided: No
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to [Register to View] style="color:blue;text-decoration:underline">[Register to View] style="color:#333333">, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-[Register to View] . Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our [Register to View] style="color:blue;text-decoration:underline" target="_blank">policy for more information.