Supervisor, Project Manager (7625)
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace!
The Supervisor, Steam Generator Project Managers is responsible for the planning and field implementation of work on the primary side of the steam generator (SG). This work includes Eddy Current Testing (ECT) of the steam generator tubing, tube repair, and vessel cover closure services. Additionally, this role will be accountable for the direct management of resources. This position will be based out of our Waltz Mill location in Madison, PA.
Your Day to Day:
- Ensuring all project work is completed on time and on budget.
- This includes working with the customer to integrate the work into the site outage schedule
- This includes working the Product Line to implement the project as close to the as-sold budget and schedule as possible.
- Completing all documentation required by the Global Project Excellence Program (GPEX).
- Leading and/or participating in all required meetings including Challenge Reviews
- Analyze and resolve complex / unique field service problems that are not well defined.
- Develop action plan or solutions to complex plant or site problems.
- Lead major field services projects. Effectively organize, direct and coordinate technical service efforts of section or group, either on field assignments or at base site.
- Provide performance feedback to team members and management.
- Prepare detailed reports to field services and design engineering management regarding defects in equipment and systems, installation and operational problems. Information will be compiled from first-hand reports or analysis and investigation of field reports submitted by less experienced service engineers.
- Perform project planning, including preparation of detailed procedures and scheduling of personnel and equipment.
- Provide appropriate internal/external personnel with periodic updates and recommendations regarding nature and status of work.
- Instruct, train, and guide personnel on significant technical projects, tasks and activities.
- Identify and support business growth opportunities and present recommendations to management.
- Provide specific engineering discipline expert knowledge to peers, vendors and customers. May be required to act as lead technical problem solver within area of specialization.
- Develop and deliver presentations to communicate status, problem resolution or promote related business products.
- Management of personnel to support the Steam Generator product line.
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.