Senior Copywriter, Marketing (Hybrid) (64582_Juno_Beach)
[Register to View] is America’s largest electric company, providing clean, affordable, and reliable electricity to more than 12 million people in Florida. We operate one of the cleanest power generation fleets in the U.S. and our reliability is among the best in the nation. Our goal is to achieve Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 by expanding our solar capacity, increasing battery storage and bringing new renewable energy opportunities to Florida, while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in becoming a game-changer in the energy industry? Join our world-class team today!
Position Specific Description
You’re experienced – a proven writer and storyteller. You’re innovative and strategic. You dream of working in a creative and dynamic environment, embracing new challenges and creating a powerful story through your work. We have an ambitious need, and we want your storytelling skills. We’re looking for a talented, experienced content writer to join our in-house creative agency. Use your imagination and creative expertise to write and edit original, engaging copy for various channels with a focus on B2B, B2C and C&I audiences. Create, edit, and proofread content for integrated campaigns as well as digital campaigns, social media, website content, slogans and taglines, ads, SEO/SEM, email, TV or radio spots, white papers, billboards, brochures, postcards, sales letters/emails and direct mail pieces.
Walk with us. This path is not meant to be traveled alone. NextEra Energy is the first company in history committed to moving past net zero all the way to [Register to View] , leveraging low-cost renewables to drive energy affordability for customers. NextEra Energy has paved the way toward a cleaner energy market for the last three decades, and our commitment to Real Zero is a continuation of our mission and leadership in the industry. Join us on the path toward Real Zero.
- Take strategy and creative briefs then execute the creation of original content concepts that result in effective and compelling communication
- Think conceptually about how to 'sell' a product or service in an original, imaginative and attention-grabbing way
- Conceptualize with creatives and leverage high-level strategy to drive content creation on large- and small-scale marketing projects
- Make complex topics simple and easy to comprehend
- Have a keen understanding of different language styles that appeal to various target audiences
- Evaluate existing research and conduct high-quality research, interviews for content factuality
- Craft different content for various channels with an ability to adapt writing to fit the audience and the medium
- Embrace our brand’s voice and amplify our company’s story
- Ability to communicate with multiple internal partners and teams at varying levels in the organization
- Use research and audience insight to develop communication plans, materials and tactics
- Work closely with our internal partners, designers and other creative professionals including external marketing agencies and preferred vendors, to understand the message and the audience
- Must thrive in a deadline-driven environment while juggling multiple projects
- Perform other job-related duties, such as special projects, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field
- 5+ years relevant experience writing and producing a range of marketing communications assets
- Experience writing promotional/sales-like copy or other B2B experience preferred
- An understanding of creative problem solving, brand building and translating strategy into powerful messaging
- Fluency in writing for both digital and traditional channels, including social media platforms
- Comfortable working with a range of internal stakeholders across multiple departments
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills, and people management skills
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 suite (Teams, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign Illustrator, Photoshop) is preferred, but not required
This job is responsible for assisting with projects from the earliest stages of concept and development through to successful completion on time, on budget and as measured by achievement of metrics. Employees in this role are expected to work with a high degree of initiative and independence in anticipating client needs, developing communication solutions that further the business objectives, and ensuring their successful implementation. This position serves as a key contributor on the team in a broad range of communications activities as assigned.Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Delivers strategic communication planning, message development, writing, using research and analytics to drive planning and messaging
• Improves processes to ensure quality and timely execution of initiatives
• Builds and maintains great relationships with clients and co-workers
• Tracks performance and progress using quantifiable metrics
• Communicates frequently with cross-functional groups
• Works at both business unit and corporate levels
• Interfaces with business unit leadership and business process owners
• Performs other job-related duties as assignedRequired Qualifications
• Effective Written Communications
• Effective Verbal Communications
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's - Sciences
• Bachelor's - Arts
• Experience: 4+ yearsPreferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Marketing/Communications
Organization:Florida Power & Light Company
Relocation Provided: No
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to [Register to View] style="color:blue;text-decoration:underline">[Register to View] style="color:#333333">, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-[Register to View] . Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our [Register to View] style="color:blue;text-decoration:underline" target="_blank">policy for more information.