Land Services Representative - GI
[Register to View] is an independent oil and natural gas company engaged in the exploration, development and production of oil and natural gas from onshore properties within the U.S. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, we are a subsidiary of NextEra Energy, the world’s largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun. Our focus is to maintain high operations of explorations in Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas. Are you interested in delivering clean-burning natural gas to customers? Join our world-class team today!
Position Specific Description
In this role you will provide various means of support to the Land department in acquisitions activities and strategies for
the asset. In addition you will be responsible for the following.
- Land Operations Drilling experience in Oklahoma
- Familiarity with OCC rules and regulations
- Experience with Excalibur, ThoughtTrace, and Quorum
- Prepare, maintain and process land related electronic and hard copy files.
- Review title to check for accuracy of tract information.
- Assist in resolving account issues as needed.
- Assist in preparing contracts, agreements, correspondence and various land documents to be sent out to surface owners,
- royalty interest owners, industry partners, working interest owners.
- Track the review, execution and acquisition of new agreements.
- Assist with title issues and account questions related to division orders, asset sales, leasing and acquisitions.
- Prepare form transmittals, check requests, oil and gas leases, assignments, rights of way and other associated contracts.
- Copy and transmit leases, assignments, etc. to land administration group, and to partners.
- Pay off drafts for new lease purchases and check associated documentation for adequacy.
- Prepare and fax/mail proposal letters to owners on well drilling, workovers, completions, lease acquisitions, etc.
- Research and correspond to inquiries regarding invoicing errors, broker billings, etc.
- Respond to non‐operator inquiries and royalty/surface owner problems.
- Prepare plats and maps.
- Assist with database projects.
- Update records and monitor monthly lease obligations, expirations and terminations.
- Assist with owner relations’ requests accordingly.
- Prepare presentations and spreadsheets as well as providing weekly status reports.
- Review title opinions sent by title attorney. Assist with curative with direction from title attorney or landman.
- Provide analysis of land contracts and leases and calculate working and net revenue interests
This job is responsible for providing knowledge, research and coordination of land issues dealing with drilling and operations in the asset’s and/or company’s focus areas. Employees in this role procure and manage the company’s mineral and leasehold interests for an assigned geographical area by obtaining the legal right to drill oil and gas wells on a specific property.Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Verifies ownership of property where the company seeks to explore for oil and gas
- Negotiates the purchase of oil and gas leases, or assignments of oil and gas leases
- Researches and reports the company’s ownership position, competitor activity, potential legal issues, or other matters for the purpose of decision making and strategic planning
- Coordinates and communicates with representatives from internal departments
- Ensures the appropriate steps are taken to meet the company drilling goals and deadlines
- Compiles and updates land maps that display pertinent land information pertaining to prospects within the assigned area of responsibility
- Updates management team on current land positions
- Directs and interacts with field lease brokers
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 2+ years
- Bachelor's Degree
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Real Estate/Facilities Mgmt/Land Svcs
Organization:Trinity Operating, LLC.
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to [Register to View] style="color:blue;text-decoration:underline">[Register to View] style="color:#333333">, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-[Register to View] . Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our [Register to View] style="color:blue;text-decoration:underline" target="_blank">policy for more information.