Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
Westinghouse is a firm believer in fostering a workplace that is powered by inclusive leaders, teams and culture. This commitment separates us as a leader in our industry and differentiates from our competition. You will be working closely with global leaders who will support your development through coaching and managing opportunities. Together, and using the talents of our employees, we will advance technology and services to power a clean, carbon-free future.
About the Opportunity
A Machinist ll : Under general supervision, performs non-repetitive task of a complex and difficult nature involving the set-up and operation of a wide variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments. Requires application of knowledge of mechanics, mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures to fabricate or modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines.
- Works from blueprints, rough sketches, production diagrams, engineering drawings and verbal instructions to fabricate a variety of complex machined components.
- Measures, examines, or test completed units to check for defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments.
- Set up, adjust, or operate basic or specialized machine tools used to perform precision machining operators.
- Program computers or electronic instruments, such as numerically controlled machine tools.
- With limited guidance, determines operating methods and sequences; lays out, sets up and fabricates precision parts, tooling and fixtures to exacting tolerances and dimensions
- May support prototype development activities, working with design engineers and mechanical designers on the design feasibility of prototype machine parts and assemblies relative to form, fit and function.
- With limited guidance, makes complex shop calculations to layout difficult patterns and determines tooling feeds and speeds. Has knowledge of the working qualities of a wide variety of materials including aluminum, steel, copper, brass, other metals, plastics and exotics. May require guidance based on material used.
- Inspects work for conformance to specifications
- May prepare recommendations for improvements in methods or processes relative to improved productivity and quality.
- Supports other machinist in the the operations of specialized machine tools and related equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate Degree or equivalent; degree in Machine Tool Technology preferred.
- 2 years with Associates degree
- 5 years without a degree
Skills and Competencies:
- Good knowledge of G and M Codes, AutoCAD, Esprit, Easy Track, Master Cam, and Solid Works etc.
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.