Maintenance Engineer - (Contract to hire after 6 months)
Rock Hill, SC
Our Maintenance Engineer performs advanced technical/engineering problem solving in support of nuclear plant operations and maintenance. Responsible for technical decisions. Possesses excellent knowledge in functional discipline and its practical application and has knowledge of applicable industry codes and regulations. Will review a set scope of existing maintenance plans for a customer, documenting commitments, existing bases, equipment performance history, and industry guidance combined with information from our industry maintenance database to provide technical justification for extending or deleting maintenance plans. This results in meaningful savings for our customers allowing them to focus resources on working down corrective maintenance backlogs and performing the right work at the right time.
Your Day to Day:
- Review site maintenance plan data through the client’s enterprise system for a specific system or component group
- Compare site maintenance plan data against existing industry guidance and information for our industry maintenance database
- Utilizing failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA) develop technical justification to either extend or delete existing maintenance plans
- Utilizing FMEA identify critical spares for components
- Document the results in preventive maintenance change requests (PMCRs)
- Support project related meetings and work with the client to implement deliverables
- The successful candidate will be highly motivated, willing to take ownership of challenges, and customer focused
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering Discipline Required preferably Electrical or Mechanical
- 0-2 years of applicable experience required
- Knowledge of design and operation of Pressurized Water Reactor (PWR) or Boiling Water Reactor (BWR) is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of Tools
Our Safety Pledge to You:
If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then this is the position for you! For us, our guiding principle has always been and will continue to be the safety of our people. It’s that simple!
Why WECTEC Staffing Services?
Through the ever changing and rapidly evolving contract labor market we continue to employ experienced, highly motivated, and qualified employees with proven track records to meet our clients’ needs. We have expanded our scope of services outside of the nuclear industry to include international contracts in more than five countries. Our dedicated employees range in expertise from highly specialized technical niche positions to corporate function positions and we want YOU to be a part of our impressive talent network!