We have an exciting opportunity for a Compressor Technician/II/Sr in our Waynesburg, PA location. This role will be responsible for mechanical troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and major maintenance on compressor units and processing equipment.
Your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Maintain a safe operating environment
- Lock out tag out identification and verification
- Troubleshoot and perform in depth maintenance and major repairs of natural gas engines, electric motors, auxiliary equipment, gas compressors
- Perform zero hour overhauls of various equipment
- Record and analyze clearance readings as well as pressures, temperatures, volumes, run hours, etc. to optimize maintenance forecasting
- Provide troubleshooting of dehydration units and flare systems
- Adjust and repair pressure regulation systems and pneumatic systems
- Perform troubleshooting and repairs on reciprocating, centrifugal and turbine compressor packages
- Repair and troubleshoot manual and automated controls on compressor units to optimize compressor throughput
- Use computerized database to receive work orders, record data gathered and record repairs
- Perform other duties as required
Who you are:
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our CORE values; Safety, Integrity, Collaboration, Transparency and Excellence. More specifically related to this position, Equitrans Midstream Corporation seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- A high school diploma or GED. An associate degree in a technical discipline is preferred as well as a state electrical license or certification. Caterpillar OEM engine maintenance course certificates and one Ariel course certificate would be pertinent to this role as well
- At least three years of related mechanical experience. Our Compressor Tech II and Sr positions require at least 4 and 5 years of experience respectively.
- Experience in natural gas equipment maintenance preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Basic electrical, controls, process and mechanical aptitude
- Basic gas quality processing and conditioning knowledge
- Intermediate knowledge and skillset for critical measurement tooling such as micrometers, dial indicators, Vernier calipers, feeler gauges, bore gauges etc.
- Valid driver’s license (a CDL is also preferred)
- Ability to pass a physical capabilities test (which includes, but is not limited to, lifting and carrying 70 lbs., walking 1/2 mile at various inclines, etc.) necessary to demonstrate the physical ability to perform the essential functions of this job
- Ability to travel as needed per project assigned (20% to 70%)
The anticipated salary range for the Compression Technician positions is $36.05/hr to $40.68/hr plus a total rewards package that includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement and savings plans
- Short-term incentive plan
- Paid time off
Overall compensation may vary.