EH&S Tech 1
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
The purpose and objective of this job is to help maintain radiation exposure to plant personnel and the public ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable). This is achieved by collection, analysis and evaluation of radiological sample data to evaluate radiological conditions and providing emergency response assistance when needed.
HP lab functions: Distribute, collect, prepare and analyze air samples. Operate, maintain and calibrate radiological sample counting equipment. Process and analyze effluent/environmental samples and uranyl nitrate samples. Perform respirator fit tests.
Contamination control area surveillance coverage: Provide radiological airborne, contamination and airborne chemical monitoring for routine and non-routine activities and events in the contamination controlled area (CCA).
Plant support: Evaluate and complete work order requests including survey of potentially contaminated parts/equipment for transfer or release from the facility. Survey of incoming and outgoing shipments of radioactive materials. Leak testing of high efficiency filtration systems. Provide support for non-routine requests from internal and external customers. Provide guidance to radiological workers to minimize personnel contamination and exposure to radioactive materials.
Radiation Safety Programs: Provide support for major radiation safety programs such as bioassay, dosimetry, instrumentation, transportation, ventilation, contamination control, environmental monitoring and radiation work permits, ensuring they are properly managed, documented and maintained in accordance with regulatory requirements.
Emergency Response: Obtain training for proper response to emergency events and participate in response to events when needed.
Who You Are:
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
* High school graduate or the equivalent with technical or college courses in engineering, math, physics and chemistry or the equivalent. Associate degree in radiation protection or other equivalent field of study
* Work experience in radiation protection, or an equivalent field that involves the use of math, physics and chemistry to perform the job functions. At least one year experience as a Radiation Protection Technician or an equivalent field where the job functions parallel that of the requirements for CFFF Radiation Protection Technicians
* Must be able to understand and perform job functions under the direction of written procedures. Must exercise considerable judgment and initiative in identifying and correcting potential radiological contamination, airborne and non-compliance situations. Must be able to process data and operate instrumentation using basic computer programs. Must have good verbal and written communication skills. Must have ability to meet and maintain qualifications required for use of a respirator and self-contained breathing apparatus. At least one year experience using the skills listed under “Minimum Required”
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.