Shop Techician 2 - Electrical
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace!
The Shop Technician 2 in Electrical area executes assembly, disassembly, refurbishment, and wiring operations. Qualified personnel may also perform electrical testing on components or finished assemblies and product.
The role is an Individual Contributor who performs multiple assignments in support of electro-mechanical assembly, repair, refurbishment of equipment, components, or tooling systems. The person may perform both electrical wiring or assembly and mechanical assembly; follows standard procedures and is closely supervised; and communicates information that requires little explanation or interpretation.
Your Day to Day:
- Ability to comprehend semi-complex mechanical and/or electrical drawings, codes, schematics, manuals, blueprints, Bills of Material and procedures, and record data in the required form.
- Apply knowledge of advanced electro-mechanical theory and components.
- Assemble, troubleshoot, test, or maintain circuitry or electrical components, according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, or knowledge of electro-mechanical product, using hand tools and power tools.
- Disassemble, clean, reassemble, wire, and troubleshoot low voltage and medium voltage breakers per engineering documents for refurbishments and new builds.
- Ability to Operate electrical/electronic test equipment.
- Plan, lay out, assemble or fabricate mechanical, electrical, pneumatic/hydraulic equipment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain performance-based training and certifications as well as keep current with technologies and procedures.
- Must be able to perform work that meets or exceeds workmanship requirements and industry standards.
- Team with planners and supervisor to develop schedules with resource milestones and budget goals for order/project.
- Develop, maintain and modify equipment maintenance and mobilization plans.
- Exercise and promote team-building skills with peers, supervisors, contractors, customers and other departments.
- Develop Leadership Skills.
- Apply HuP tools, including but not limited to Peer Check, Questioning Attitude, Three Way Communication and Self Check
Who You Are:
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Preferred: Associates Degree related to electrical, mechanical or machining, or equivalent.
- United States Department of Labor Journeyman Certification perferred
- 2-6 years relevant experience with demonstrated electrical, mechanical, machining or inspection skills. Specific knowledge of electrical or mechanical drawing, or machining plus required mathematics.
- Preferred: Nuclear Industry experience.
- Ability to lift 50lbs or more.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented and multitasking skills.
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S., the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting [Register to View] .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.