Opportunity Overview: CONTRACT (18 month) – Construction Manager
WECTEC Staffing is looking for a Construction Manager to support Westinghouse projects in Surry, VA. This manager will coordinate and supervise most aspects of I&C and electrical (digital) upgrades in existing Nuclear Power Plants. Reporting to the Project Manager, this individual will aid in leading large teams which may include technicians, planners, and craft labor at customer site during online work phase and outages.
What your day-to-day looks like:
- Overseeing the logistical requirements of a project
- Delegating work to colleagues within your team
- Meeting regularly with clients, third parties and other managers to report on progress
- Setting targets, objectives, and responsibilities for all supervised craft
- Regularly reviewing timings, budget, labor, risk and project plans to ensure work stays on track
- Conducting field visits to inspect work, check materials and ensure staff are following procedures and safety guidelines
- Mitigating the impact of any issues
- Ensuring the delivery of high-quality work within contract milestone
What we need to see from you:
- 10+ years of Electrical/I&C construction management
- Associates or similar technical degree in engineering or construction management
- Strong communication skills
- Results driven & team oriented
- Proven skills in planning and organization
- Strategic Thinking
Our Safety Pledge to You:
If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then this is the position for you! For us, our guiding principle has always been and will continue to be the safety of our people. It’s that simple!
Why WECTEC Staffing Services?
Through the ever changing and rapidly evolving contract labor market we continue to employ experienced, highly motivated, and qualified employees with proven track records to meet our clients’ needs. We have expanded our scope of services outside of the nuclear industry to include international contracts in more than five countries. Our dedicated employees’ range in expertise from highly specialized technical niche positions to corporate function positions and we want YOU to be a part of our impressive talent network!
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability