Project Manager/Principal Field Specialist
Opportunity Overview: CONTRACT (18 months) – Principal Field Specialist / Project Manager
WECTEC Staffing is looking for a Principal Field Specialist/Project Manager to support Westinghouse projects in Surry, VA. The Principal Field Specialist will be responsible for all the project management processes on medium to highly complex projects for field installations of digital upgrades. Supervise large team sizes, which may include construction managers, technicians, planners, and craft labor at customer site during online work phase and outages. Serve as a Technical Inputs Lead for proposal projects as assigned. Example of project disciplines include Engineering and Field Services. All project management is performed in accordance with the established Westinghouse policies, procedures, systems.
What your day-to-day looks like:
- Project planning
- Complete all aspects of planning process including authoring project plans and developing scope, schedule, and cost baselines.
- Supervise field teams to plan Work Orders
- Work with customer to develop outage and online schedule
- Project executing, monitoring and controlling
- Assume overall responsibility for profitability of contracts. Based on project plan, follow department protocols for acquiring team members to complete the work.
- Manage all aspects of project including scope, schedule, cost, risk, procurement, quality, resources, communications, and stakeholders through use of delegates/support as applicable.
- Interpret and transmit project/contract requirements, and subsequent changes, to functional groups following an integrated change management process. Review project expenditures for compliance with project baselines and scope.
- Promote teamwork and effective communication, including issuing and maintenance of project process metrics and process maps to ensure team, customer, and all stakeholders are kept informed of project status. Develop or oversee project databases, systems and procedures to ensure efficient handling and transmission of project correspondence and documentation between project team members
- Project closing
- Properly close project by archiving work in financial, scheduling, document management, and resource management systems/tools.
- Perform final project quality assessment and report out. Identify and communicate opportunities for improvement, lessons, and risk avoidance for future work.
- Develop positive relationships with cross functional/product line team, customer, suppliers, and other stakeholders to drive project to successful completion.
- Serve as single representative to customer, architect engineer, and Westinghouse business areas in support of project. Interpret and transmit contract requirements, and subsequent changes, to functional groups. Integrate project’s objectives and actions through participation with other project groups in matters of common concern.
- Seek opportunities and implement continuous improvements to enhance project performance.
- Identify, assess, and implement improvement opportunities which will add value.
What we need to see from you:
- Bachelor’s degree - applicable disciplines are Project Management, Engineering, Construction Management or related technical discipline.
- 10+ years of experience as project manager leading and directing medium or high complexity installation projects to successful completion.
- Westinghouse Advanced Project Manager qualification completed. For external candidate, must be PMP (Project Management Professional), or equivalent, certification or meet eligibility requirements is preferred but not required.
- Advanced knowledge of Project Management Institute’s Project Management Body of Knowledge.
- Employee Development
Planning and Organization / Strategic Thinking / Teamwork / Results driven
- Communication / Proficiency in English. A second or more foreign language(s) will be viewed as a plus.
- Advanced interpersonal skills such as effective verbal and written communications, ability to lead and direct complex team structures, able to develop relationships with stakeholders in upper management positions, able to analyze problems, establish facts, and make complex decisions with little to no supervision.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft® Office tools. Strong working knowledge in project schedule, cost and risk management processes and associated tools (e.g., Primavera, SAP, Active Risk Manager, or other related tools).
- Advanced ability or understanding of the transformation of data to information for visual reports; database concepts to manage data within systems; the interaction of company functions that are touch points to projects (Finance, Legal, Quality, Supply Chain, etc.).
- High-quality presentation skills.
- Will be expected to complete assigned training in Westinghouse Systems, Procedures, and Policies applicable to assignments.
- Broad technical knowledge of nuclear power plants. Familiarity with utility business practices including knowledge of utility operations, maintenance and engineering practices, knowledge of procurement processes and material management are desirable but not mandatory. For international projects, knowledge of local business practices & contracting.
Our Safety Pledge to You:
If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then this is the position for you! For us, our guiding principle has always been and will continue to be the safety of our people. It’s that simple!
Why WECTEC Staffing Services?
Through the ever changing and rapidly evolving contract labor market we continue to employ experienced, highly motivated, and qualified employees with proven track records to meet our clients’ needs. We have expanded our scope of services outside of the nuclear industry to include international contracts in more than five countries. Our dedicated employees’ range in expertise from highly specialized technical niche positions to corporate function positions and we want YOU to be a part of our impressive talent network!
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability