PSEG Company: PSEG Long Island
Salary Range: $ 118,300 - $ 236,600
Incentive: PIP 20%
Work Location Category: Remote Non-Local
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
We are currently hiring a Utilities Asset Management and GIS IT Manager. This position is a direct report to the PSEGLI IT Director of Operational Technologies. This IT Leader is responsible for the planning and execution for features and functionality aligned with the Asset Management and Field Services business functions. Responsibilities will include: gathering and prioritizing business requirements, defining the technology solution vision, and working closely with business functions to ensure business objectives are met. This role also has responsibility for operations functions related to inside and outside plant maintenance and asset mapping / GIS services.
The Technology Group Product Manager works with business and technology stakeholders and delivery teams to develop and convey product vision; define backlog; and deliver and sustain the end-to-end customer experience. Group Product Managers conceive, deliver, monitor, and refine technology solutions to maximize business results. They must also be able to partner effectively with a wide range of teams, including business leaders, delivery teams and external partners, driving business success while promoting the self-organizing culture that makes agile delivery organizations successful.
• Oversees the Project Teams within their Business Unit domain. Drives and executes projects within the assigned Business Unit domain. Partners with IT and business leadership and other key stakeholders to define opportunities and to identify and prioritize projects based on predefined criteria (return on investment, productivity, compliance).
• Accountable for receiving approval from stakeholders on portfolio strategy and plan. Ensure operations of these technology solutions are consistent with service and business performance objectives; take necessary steps to deploy remedies where needed with internal and external partners. Works with governance bodies to review and approve strategies, categories and overall structure.
• Establishes priorities of the product backlog (Features and Technical Debt) in collaboration with the Business and Project Teams. Ensures the development of the life cycle view of the solution including the conception of its need, design and execution, and upgrade and/or replacement when appropriate.
• Accountable for designs, specs and program management for projects that fall within the scope of their Business Unit domain. Ensures timely escalation and management of technical and service shortfalls to relevant technical support teams for resolution and for future prevention.
• Manages quality assurance rollouts and performs functional analysis to assess the robustness of projects recently launched. Collaborates with Finance to define cost allocation, cost recovery and pricing plan within the overall context of chargeback or pricing model.
• Develops and manages the cost model for portfolio and identifies appropriate cost levers for improvement. Develop and analyze performance dashboards and scorecards to quantify and measure outcomes and identify shortfalls, remedies and opportunities to management. Provides feedback on application design and operational features.
• Accountable for overseeing the development of the backlog and actionable user stories for a portfolio of products. Identify the guidelines for project operational roll outs and acts as a safeguard to protect the business case for the program.
Job Specific Qualifications
Required Skills, Competencies, Education or Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business or a related field
• 8+ years of relevant experience within the information technology field or an industry with reliance on technical expertise
• Key Skills and Knowledge:
• Sound expertise in project/program and portfolio management
• Sound expertise in technology resource management, job positions, career paths, recruiting, and compensation
• Ability to proactively communicate technical topics in a clear, succinct, and relevant way
• Proven experience in managing program budgets and technology cost centers in large corporate environments to ensure corporate targets are met
• Technology procurement & technology financial operations experience ensuring vendor contracts support business and corporate needs
• Proficient in working with business area’s to understand needs/requirements with an ability provide innovative solutions
• Technically knowledgeable with the ability to assess solutions for current and future needs across organizations.
• Proven experience with leading teams on the implementation and enhancements of Energy Efficiency technologies, and/or cloud technologies.
• Track record as an innovator and agent leading organizations and people through change
• Proven experience in long term planning including building roadmaps and program planning
• Digital acumen
• Strong leadership and influence skills
• Ability to present to all levels of management & executive leadership
• Excellent teamwork, facilitation, relationship building, and negotiation skills
Desired Skills, Competencies, Education and Experience:
• Advanced degree, e.g. Masters of Business Administration
• Change management and/or PHR certifications
• Experience with technology organizational design
• Experience with CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) and/or managing projects
• Over 3 years of experience managing team of 5+ staff or external contractors
Minimum Years of Experience
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Candidates must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidates must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG LI, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to 10 CFR Part 810 controlled information. If the position does require access to this information, the Talent Acquisition representative will provide further details upon making an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through [Register to View]
by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call [Register to View]
or email [Register to View]
If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email [Register to View]
[Register to View]