Energy Efficiency Field Auditor (1353)
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you’ll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG), a subsidiary of New Jersey Resources is seeking an Energy Efficiency Field Auditor for the Marketing Energy Efficiency Program. The Energy Efficiency Field Auditor will conduct residential customer energy audits and assessments to identify energy efficiency improvement opportunities, performing technical diagnostic tests, and complete detailed energy audits. Work with various energy efficiency programs to prepare reports, graphs and charts proposals to present at customer visits.
- Conduct and document energy audits through customer visits and other detailed information such as utility data, equipment and building data, operational characteristics; identify and evaluate energy efficiency measures, calculate potential energy savings and prepare reports
- Investigate, analyze and document energy conservation and utility cost reduction measures
- Conduct home energy audits in customers' homes including insulation, HVAC equipment, ducts, windows and weather stripping and lighting
- Capture home data and track compact fluorescent bulbs or other energy saving devices installed
- Encourage homeowners to undertake specific energy saving measures recommended based on home energy audit
- Explain incentives and loans, and tax credits for energy efficiency improvements
- Educate customers and encourage participation on various programs
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or other disciplined preferred
- Two to five years of experience in construction related discipline is required
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) professional certification is required
- Applicants must have technical knowledge and experience in residential construction or renovation, HVAC systems, and sales
- Ideal candidates will also have strong communication, customer relations, sales, reporting, and presentation skills
- Ability to sell and close in customer’s homes
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to learn and perform a variety of technical diagnostic tests
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with energy use analysis software
- Availability to work some evenings and Saturdays
- Travel within service territory required
- Strong knowledge in residential construction, good oral communication skills with customers focus
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.