Manager, Underwriting II Public Finance (582_Dallas)
POSITION SUMMARYThe Public Sector Finance Manager, Underwriting II is responsible for evaluating complex, privately placed public sector financing requests including, traditional general obligation debt, enterprise revenue debt, tax-supported debt, lease revenue debt, equipment leasing, as well as, spreading financial statements, processing annual reviews, portfolio monitoring, front-end evaluation, risk rating, with aggressive turnaround parameters and goals, all in accordance with bank polices/regulatory requirements. The underwriter must be able to evaluate complex transaction structures, with an understanding of the various state and federal legal parameters . Additional scope of responsibilities includes performing due diligence and gathering information as necessary to make sound lending decisions. The underwriter will also perform other duties as necessary to support the goals and objectives of the Public Sector Team, along with the overall Commercial Lending area. An understanding of the Bank’s Credit Policy and outside regulatory requirements is also required.
- Evaluate prospective and or existing complex financing requests by: Spreading and analyzing current overall credit profile, utilize multiple source systems, evaluation of a wide range of economic indicators, financial statements and various other tools. Have a complete understanding of cash flow reports, financial ratios, trends, etc. Also spread financial statements and cash flow analysis. The underwriter must be able to identify recurring and non-recurring sources of cash flow, the entity’s ability to cover debt service, collateral adequacy, appropriate nature of financial covenants and financial reporting ticklers to support the proposed credit exposure. Preparing Dual Risk Rating calculations.
- Working with the business development officer in reviewing credit proposals for new loans as well as for renewals, modifications, and short-term extensions. Continual portfolio monitoring, payment delinquency mitigation and annual reviews. This includes financial and risk analysis, purpose of loan, repayment sources, collateral, financial & reporting covenants, ticklers, industry analysis, current event research and material event analysis
- Order and review escrow disbursements, maintaining strict records for future disbursements. Work with internal bank department to process due diligence requests, run UCC search and liens and litigation research. Investigate specific industries/companies and due diligence on existing or prospective borrowers.
- Review documentation such as bonds, leases, deed of trust, installment financing agreements, among others, for consistency and accuracy with credit narratives. This requires working with the Borrower, business development officers and portfolio managers
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
4-7 years of direct public sector underwriting experience with an expertise in executing complex municipal financing requests.
Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelors, and/or Masters) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
Strong knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures. Must be detail oriented and organized, with solid financial analytical skills.
Proficient with all financial statements (Tax Returns, Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow Statement).
Significant dual loan grading expertise.
Proficiency in legal terminology and documentation to ensure approved loan terms are correctly interpreted and captured for monitoring.
Demonstrable track record of working under pressure and managing multiple projects with limited supervision
Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as analytical, mathematical, and reasoning skills.
Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with contacts across lines of business / clients.
Technical aptitude with Word, Excel and Outlook