Director, API Integration Architect (632_Jericho)
As the API Integration Architect, you will work hands on with our teams and partners to solve mission-critical business challenges using MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform, as such supporting the Banking as a Service (BaaS) groups strategic and tactical plans. You will provide technical guidance on MuleSoft implementation projects, evaluate the consumer’s technical and functional requirements, and develop cost-effective solutions to provide consumers with demonstrable returns. As a subject-matter expert in the field, you will develop solutions to help consumers realize their business goals and advise them on best practices for API management.
- Evolve and Shape the strategy, architecture, platform, and standards for the integration team. Specify and Publish standards around API
- Provide technology architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for the integration domain. Takes ownership of integration architecture to solve business problems and generate maximum value for stakeholders
- Lead and mentor integration team through complex, multi phased delivery projects and provide hands-on delivery guidance.
- Design reusable assets, components, standards, frameworks, and processes to support and facilitate API and integration projects
- Partner with other functions across IT and business to ensure collaboration, consistency and quality of solutions.
- Provide continuous improvement and exploration of industry standards and technology advancements
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
- 8+ years demonstrated expertise designing, implementing, and supporting Enterprise-grade technical solutions meeting complex business requirements
- 5+ years’ experience providing technical solutions development for on-premise and SaaS applications using JEE and/or JSE frameworks
- Integration architecture experience with MuleSoft and other solutions including, (ANY OK) IBM, BEA, Oracle, Tibco, Progress Sonic, etc.
- Experience with Tomcat, XML, JMS, WS-*, SOA integration, API Management technologies and standards
- Knowledge of Open Source architectures and/or past contributions to open source projects
- Design, development and operations experience with highly-available, scalable, and fault tolerant systems
- Experience designing public and private enterprise secure services using RAML and REST based APIs
- Ability to build positive relationships throughout the bank and capable of establishing professional expertise through integrity, dedication, and strategic counsel
- Strong written and oral communication skills; must be able to convey complex concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
- Strong technical aptitude, and an understanding of API’s and platform services
- Exceptional analytical skills enabling you define strategies, make recommendations and lead research
- Experience navigating in complex environments with multiple stakeholders in large business settings
- Strong empathy – especially with customers, but also with colleagues and your team