Part-Time Costume Character - Hershey's Chocolate World $12+ (HERSA005H13132)
Job Location: Hershey, PA
Hourly Pay Rate: $12.00 or more based on experience
Minimum Age: 16 years or older
Availability: Requires availability to work daytime, evening, weekend, and holiday shifts
Hershey’s Chocolate World is the most popular brand experience in the world. Nearly four million guests visit our location in Hershey, Pennsylvania every year. Our guests come to experience our attractions, enjoy dining in our food court, and shopping for souvenirs, treats, and gifts. Part of what makes our guests’ experience so amazing is the exceptional customer service our team provides. In fact, our mission is to create extraordinary impressions through our people. If you would like to be part of the Hershey’s Chocolate World team that brings our mission to life every day, keep reading to find a career that fits your interest and abilities.
Costume characters are responsible for greeting and interacting with guests throughout the building in an outgoing and friendly manner. Costume Character employees should have general knowledge of the building and attractions. In addition, character employees will offer to take pictures as well as provide other various services throughout the building on an as-needed basis.
This is a part-time position located in Hershey, Pennsylvania. The company will not provide relocation assistance or other employment benefits for this position.
The position requires a focus on exceptional customer service and expects the individual to be approachable, courteous, knowledgeable about our products, able to clearly communicate with guests and assist them with questions, and able to provide general information to guests with a high level of professionalism. The required skills will be learned primarily through on-the-job training.
Summary of Major Duties/Responsibilities:
- Must demonstrate the HCW Customer Service Pledge
- Must be approachable, showing that our guests are our number one priority.
- Must initiate eye contact with our guest by being courteous and greet them with a smile.
- Must be willing to listen to our guests and provide for their needs
- Must provide a genuine thank you to every guest
- Must be able to react quickly to operational changes
- Work in a warm enclosed space for 45-50 minutes at a time
- Interact with guests and take pictures
- Assist with maintenance and care of costumes
- Launder, fold, and organize costumes
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Must maintain a neat appearance and meet the uniform standards
- Must be able to walk or stand 5-8 hours
- Must be capable of being in a warm enclosed space for 45-50 minutes at a time. Due to costume constraints, height restrictions may apply
- Must be able to lift costumes weighing 30 lbs.
- Assist with maintenance and care of costumes to include laundering, folding, and storing
- Must be able to effectively communicate with guests and fellow co-workers
- Strong customer-service approach is required to include outgoing, pleasant, and friendly personality
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English proficiently
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Education: No formal education is required
Experience: No previous experience is required
This description covers the most significant duties performed, but you may be responsible for other minor-related work assignments.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact the HR Service Center [Register to View]