Senior Technical Writer (Proposals)
- Review Requests For Proposal (RFP) and identify information required for proposal text (i.e. technical volume) and work closely with the Office of Proposal Management (OPM) and Technical Leads to prepare and finalize proposals.
- Prepare text for proposals, rebids and related documents. Develop/create original content for use in winning proposals. Research, organize and edit existing material and creatively and effectively utilize for use in new proposal efforts.
- Advise Proposal and Business Development Management on best approaches, analyzing ICON GPHS strengths and weaknesses specific to the requirements in the RFP document.
- Leverage internal and external resources in support of solutions specific to each proposal.
- Apply critical thinking to ensure solutions meet the customer’s needs and are within ICON GPHS capabilities.
- Represent the Office of Proposal Management in preliminary Business Development discussions with internal and external team members or other strategy meetings, actively participating in proposal strategy meetings to discuss win themes, discriminators, solutions, pricing.
- Critically evaluate input and/or submissions from internal and external team members to ensure accuracy of all proposal communications.
- Collaborate with the Business Development team as well as technical and subject matter experts to gain an appropriate understanding of the offerings and proposed strategy to ensure the response clearly conveys the proper business perspective, key win themes, our unique value proposition and differentiators against our competition.
- Develop strategy and coordinate information collection from internal and external resources for ICON GPHS approach and solutions, either as part of a group or, when requested, autonomously.
- Perform as primary writer with control of quality, content, readability, compliance with requirements, accuracy, persuasiveness, and final appearance of the proposal production process.
- Independently research scientific and clinical operations procedures and concepts, thereby augmenting proposals through the demonstration of an in-depth understanding of the customer’s needs and the Company’s ability to bring innovative solutions.
- Maintain knowledge of various proposal processes or subject matter such as technical solutions, management approaches, QA/QC methodologies, technical narratives and staffing approaches.
- Maintains a safe workplace ensuring that he/she is aware of and observes appropriate safety and occupational health rules and regulations. Employee is required to attend safety training relative to his/her position and report any infractions of safety procedures to the facility Safety Officer.
- Performs light duties and other related duties as required and assigned.
ICON Government and Public Health specializes in preclinical through phase IV support of clinical research and clinical trial services for biologics, drugs, and devices. We help our customers get their products to market faster with a wide array of research, regulatory, and sponsor services both within the US and around the globe and respond rapidly to global health crises.