Business Analyst (21203R_Irving)
When you’re the best, we’re the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.Summary:
In this role, you will apply analytical thinking and problem-solving skills to develop user stories and the product backlog for one primary product. You will be working with Product Management or Business Operations to develop user stories and a product backlog to support business needs. You will participate in planning and design sessions and provide clarification on product requirements. You will manage the request process by collaborating with the Product Owner/Manager to define and justify new product developments/projects.
- Elicit business requirements from Agile Product Owner, business users, and subject matter experts.
- Analyze requirements and convert them into logical deliverable user stories.
- Provide user stories to multi-disciplinary teams and define the business-driven acceptance criteria.
- Collaborate with the product owner to create the product backlog by using Agile practices.
- Conduct gap analyses to identify solutions that are cost-effective and meet business requirements.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies, facilitating the discussion during sprint planning and user story refinement.
- Support the project team during design, development, and QA testing by clarifying requirements questions.
- Facilitate user story writing workshops when applicable.
- Create SQL statements and analyze resultant data.
- Relevant degree preferred.
- 2 or more years of experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is required.
- Agile (Scrum or XP) business analysis experience with user stories and backlogs required.
- Knowledge of SQL data; create SQL statements and analyze resultant data required.
- Conceptual data modeling; visualize possible solutions innovatively.
- Ability to critically think through concepts and ask questions to help the team foresee future problems.
- Ability to understand complex business concepts and turn them into simple language.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Estimated Hiring Range:$68,500.00 - $99,400.00
This position is also incentive eligible.
Vizient has a comprehensive benefits plan! Please view our benefits here:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.