Police Officer, University Police (147411)
- Perform law enforcement duties on the property under the control and jurisdiction of the University of Texas System.
- Preserve the peace by the use of all lawful means, interceding when authorized by law, to prevent or suppress crime.
- Execute all lawful processes.
- Arrest offenders with and without warrant when authorized by law.
- Investigate criminal offenses to detect and arrest criminals, and recover stolen or lost property.
- Attempt to locate missing persons.
- Enforce traffic law by detecting violations, making violator contacts, placing violators in custody or issuing citations or warnings.
- Investigate motor vehicle collisions.
- Prepare various written reports narrating law enforcement and police activities.
- Give credible testimony in the criminal courts of this state and the United States.
- Confers with prosecuting attorneys, preserves evidence, and maintain confidential information.
- Confers with local law enforcement, criminal justice and emergency response agencies on matters of mutual interest.
Other Duties as Assigned
Including, but not limited to:
- Emergency recall and/or may be required to remain onsite or work extended hours during man-made or natural disasters and unusual occurrences on campus.
- Local or long distance travel may be required for training or other business purposes occasionally.
Required: In accordance with current levels of education for commissioned police officers of the University of Texas as adopted by the Board of Regents. Successful completion of prescribed field training program.
All of the following are required:
- Commissioned/licensed peace officer for the State of Texas within 180 days of entry into job.
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education (TCOLE) Peace Officer License.
- Valid Texas driver's license.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. [Register to View] Information
- Requisition ID: 147411
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Varied
- Fund Type: Hard
- Pivotal Position: Yes
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 62,500
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 78,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 93,500
- Science Jobs: No