Specialist Quality Assurance (req89246)
Specialist Quality Assurance - Lewisville, TX - Monday-Friday
• Responsible for Licenser, accreditation and inspection of the laboratory.
• Accountable for the internal and external quality assurance programs.
• Develops, implements, and maintains corporate programs including accident/incident investigations, exposure monitoring, eye protection, tuberculosis prevention, biosafety program, emergency evacuation, and safely handling materials.
• Develops and reviews protocols to enhance QA Program.
• Reviews and analyzes external Proficiency Testing program results - maintains data base, produces monthly summaries for internal corporate distribution.
• Facilitates QA Programs that prevent the potential harmful incidents and that meet federal, state, and local regulations and industry standards.
• Coordinate’s accident/incident investigations, along with human resources.
• Coordinate the processing of CAP Proficiency testing samples and maintain compliance with CAP, CLIA and NY State Regulations.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s in Science, Medical Technologist, certified as ASCP/ AMT.
Preferred: Master’s in Clinical Laboratory Science, ASQ (American Society of Quality) Certification is preferred.
Work Experience: 2-3 years of experience working as a Medical Technologist in different areas of a Clinical Laboratory setting, Knowledgeable with CAP, CLIA , ISO 15189 and other Regulatory Requirements. Previous experience working in Quality dept. is a bonus.