Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
MD Anderson Cancer Center
Nocturnal Adv Pract Provider- (APRN or PA)- Acute Care Services (6pm-6am)
Cancer is all we do. The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is one of the world's most respected centers devoted exclusively to cancer patient care, research, education and prevention. In addition to its location on the Texas Medical Center Campus in Houston and two research campuses in Bastrop County, Texas, the institution has a growing network of locations around the Houston area, the nation and the world.
The Nocturnal Program was established in order to enhance medical nighttime coverage of patients throughout the institution in a coordinated effort utilizing teams comprised of in-house mid-level providers, moonlighting physicians and trainees. The Nocturnal Program provides essential internal medicine and critical care support under the direction of the Nocturnal Program Medical Director and the Office of the VP of Acute Care Services. Nocturnal advanced practice providers provide medical care during the hours of 6pm - 6am. Advanced Practice Provider teams may consist of physician assistants and advanced practice nurses.
Ideal candidate will have two years of clinical experience as an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) in an acute care setting.
The primary purpose of the Midlevel Provider is to provide patient care in the inpatient setting. The Midlevel Provider will work as a member of the MLP Nocturnal Coverage Team to provide initial assessment and management of urgent issues at night related to internal medicine or critical care needs across the institution. The Midlevel Provider will facilitate communication and carry out orders from attending physicians related to patient care.
1. Provides competent patient care in the inpatient setting across the institution.
2. Provides initial assessment and management for urgent internal medicine or critical care needs at night.
3. Conducts comprehensive health assessments, identifies normal and abnormal health characteristics, initiates appropriate care and continuously evaluates care outcomes.
4. Provides post-admission assessments for night time admissions.
5. Completes sign-out communications and patient care logs as directed by the medical director and administrative director of the Nocturnal Coverage Team.
6. May also perform delegated functions under the supervision of the physician to include differential diagnosis, use of prescriptive authority and treatment of a variety of human responses according to practice guidelines, protocols or standing orders.
7. Uses judgment to collaborate with the healthcare team to manage client care throughout the continuum of care and in a variety of settings.
Required: Degree requirements as defined by the Texas Board of Nursing (BON) or Texas State Board of Physician Assistant Examiners (TSBPAE) as required for clinical licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse or Physician Assistant.
Required: Two years professional clinical experience. Required experience may be substituted with the successful completion of a one year mid-level fellowship/residency program.
Preferred: Minimum of two years of experience as a clinical mid-level provider. Critical care experience strongly preferred.
Required: Written authorization from the Texas Board of Nursing (BON) or Texas State Board of Physician Assistant Examiners (TSBPAE) to function as an Advanced Practice Nurse or Physician Assistant. Related authorization must be consistent with clinical practice area and patient population. Basic Life Support (BLS) or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
Preferred: American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS), ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) or PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) certification as required by patient care area.
May Be Required
Eligible to be granted limited prescriptive authority by the State of Texas.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. [Register to View]
- Requisition ID: 148199
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: exempt and eligible for additional compensation for hours worked beyond your usual schedule, paid at a time and a half rate
- Work Week: Nights, Rotating, Varied, Weekends
- Fund Type: Hard
- Work Location: Onsite
- Pivotal Position: Yes
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 100,000
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 125,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 150,000
- Science Jobs: No