Principal Enterprise Architect naviHealth - Telecommute (15294725)
naviHealth, part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, combines the talents of our dedicated staff and leading-edge technology to deliver compassionate care to seniors nationwide. With millions of lives touched, we are innovating the way health care is delivered from hospital to home so seniors can lead more fulfilling lives. A career with us means making an impact in the lives of those we serve, including vulnerable populations who benefit from care that is more efficient, more effective and more human. Our environment empowers our team members to elevate our interactions with each other and the experiences we deliver to our patients, giving them more days at home. Join our team, it’s your chance to improve the lives of millions while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
At naviHealth, our mission is to work with extraordinarily talented people who are committed to making a positive and powerful impact on society by transforming health care. naviHealth is the result of almost two decades of dedicated visionary leaders and innovative organizations challenging the status quo for care transition solutions. We do health care differently and we are changing health care one patient at a time.
The Principal Enterprise Architect will facilitate the development and communication of target-state architectures, roadmaps, and solutions for technologies. The individual in this role will support several technologies spanning multiple product portfolios and/or multiple architecture domains, business, application, data, infrastructure, and security. She or he will collaborate in building high-quality architecture solutions as well as providing expertise and guidance on the design and establishment of architecture standards that align with current and future business needs. This role develops and maintains the architecture frameworks and patterns that guide technology decisions. The Principal Enterprise Architect plays a critical role in the company’s digital transformation initiatives by extending technology capabilities into non-technical business units. Leveraging technologies like low code to enable them technically. To be successful, the individual in this role must have deep solution architecture experience as well as an understanding of industry practice, technology trends, innovation, and communication. This individual must be a strategic thinker, have a strong business acumen, and the ability to influence or guide senior technical and non-technical leadership. The individual in this role works with little or no oversight and provides coaching and direction to more junior level architects on the team.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provides oversight to ensure Enterprise Architecture practices are maintained and continuously improved
- Enterprise-level architecture solutions are approached with a lean towards simplicity
- Facilitates the process of architecture and technology evaluations as a member of the chair of the Architecture Team; maintains and promotes the value and functional application of architectural governance, standards, guidelines, and patterns
- Defines and documents the organization's Enterprise Architecture standards, target state architectures, and best practices that guide and influence architecture decisions across the product teams and respective product portfolios
- Works to modernize legacy technologies as appropriate, using an understanding of legacy systems to determine the correct migration path to modern states
- Research technology industry trends to establish best practices that guide the design of technology solutions
- Educates and helps the business (including senior leadership) incorporate Enterprise Architecture standards, policies, and best practices to ensure consistency across the solution landscape
- Oversees POC (proof of concepts) activities and drafts whitepapers to inform key technology decisions and strategy; provides input and assistance to architects serving on product teams where necessary
- Leads the development of architecture transition plans for moving from current to future state business, data, application, and infrastructure models, within large cross-functional and complex business solutions
- Leads the selection of new application, data, and infrastructure technologies and validates that selection aligns to target architecture and overall technology direction
- Communicates technology decisions and standards to the organization, driving understanding and appreciation for the value of architecture governance and standards
- Leads the development of architecture metrics and reporting to evaluate and communicate the achievement and impact of the Enterprise Architecture function; presents Enterprise Architecture content to internal and external audiences, including cross-functional executive leadership
- Mentors others and helps drive the maturity of the Enterprise Architecture practice
- Helps review and provides insight into technology implications of M&A decisions
- Provides input for departmental budget and forecasting, and manages expenses associated with initiatives within scope of responsibility, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements
- Provide leadership and direction with regards to technology, vendors, business partners, policy, and standards
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in IT system design or architecture
- 4+ years of experience leading technical teams with or without direct reports
- 3+ years of architecture experience at an enterprise level
- Experience defining target state architectures and roadmaps
- Experience working in matrixed organization
- Experience in an IT role requiring interaction with senior leadership
- Experience delivering architecture solutions in an agile environment
- Experience in cross-domain IT architecture
- Travel between campus locations in Boston, MA and Brentwood, TN as necessary
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
Being a pioneer in post-acute management and care transitions with 19 years of experience, naviHealth is uniquely positioned to manage patients, improve clinical and financial outcomes, and share risk with payors and providers. We provide clinical service support alongside proprietary technology and advisory solutions that empower health systems, health plans and post-acute providers to navigate care episodes across the continuum, with the goal of reducing waste and improving patient outcomes.
We care about the people we serve.
We care about each other.
We care about our communities.
We embrace innovation.
We like simple.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.