Senior Research Nurse - Surgical Oncology (148242)
- Performs all functions of a research nurse.
- In addition, responsible for the overall effective operation of designated protocols, which includes development, design and resolution of operations and budget issues in collaboration with the principal investigator or study sponsor.
- Acts as a liaison with sponsor institutions and sponsoring pharmaceutical companies.
- Ensures accurate collection, validation and statistical analysis of data in designated protocols.
- Independently performs clinical tasks including patient assessment, screening, ordering tests, collecting specimens, monitoring responses and administering medications.
- Plans, designs and provides complex professional and ancillary staff education on protocols through in-services, presentations and written communications.
- Leads multidisciplinary team to effectively meet protocol goals.
- Develops and implements patient education materials.
Required: Graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing.
Required: Two years of registered nurse experience
Preferred: Prior Research Nurse experience
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION
Required: Current State of Texas Professional Nursing License (RN). Basic Life Support (BLS) or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
Preferred: American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS), ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) or PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) certification as required by patient care area.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. [Register to View] Information
- Requisition ID: 148242
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Hard
- Pivotal Position: Yes
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 74,500
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 99,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 123,000
- Science Jobs: No