Research Assistant I - Surgical Critical Care Initiative
Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Research Assistant I to support the Surgical Critical Care Initiative (SC2i) located at the Uniformed Services University (USU) and Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) in Bethesda, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to SC2i. This position requires U.S. Citizenship.
The Research Assistant will design, plan and conduct research in support of the research efforts. The successful candidate will perform complex, non-standard tests (GCLP and non-GCLP) in the study of wound diagnostics, wound repair, traumatic brain injury, and biological responses in critical care. This position may require working evenings or weekends depending on experimental or clinical study protocol requirements.
NOTE: All HJF employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination or an approved religious or medical accommodation will be required.
- Plans, conducts, and completes investigations under supervision. (45%)
- Assists with the writing and editing of experimental results for publication in technical and peer-reviewed journals.(20%)
- Performs routine data analysis and verifies and corrects data entry. (20%)
- Maintains records and documentation regarding assigned research. (5%)
- Documents current or new procedures or protocols for sample selection, data collection, data processing, and/or statistical estimation. (10%)
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of complex laboratory procedures; ability to meet deadlines of projects; good communication and analytical skills. The successful candidate will perform complex, non-standard tests (GCLP and non-GCLP), Assays, and process tissue samples.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree required. Candidates with a Master's degree will also be considered.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: A minimum of 0-2 years of experience is required.
Work Environment: Lab Setting.
Work Arrangement: This position is 100% on site with telework only available as approved by the supervisor.
Background/Security: U.S. citizenship required; eligible to obtain and maintain a Tier III Investigation/ Secret Clearance and Common Access Card (CAC).
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.