Senior Endoscopy Technologist - Endoscopy Center - 10:30am - 7:00pm (149528)
- Provides assistance during endoscopy procedures and tests.
- Prepares rooms and assembles, transports and sets up equipment.
- Ensures all endoscopy equipment is cleaned, disinfected, sterilized and properly maintained.
- Assists with orientation of new staff.
- Performs inventory and assists with maintaining supplies. Participates in continuous monitoring and quality improvement efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
Scope Reprocessing/Infection and Quality Control:
- Adheres to hospital, Joint Commission, SGNA guidelines for quality control and safety of procedures
- Participates in the education of self and others regarding job duties and process improvement efforts.
- Observes all policies and procedures to assure the quality and safety of the endoscopy environment for patients, families and staff.
- Participates in continuous monitoring and quality improvement efforts.
- Helps to ensure all dictated reports contain necessary information in order to be sent through the electronic portal or health record.
- Performs routine equipment maintenance.
- Helps maintain inventory of supplies to provide full service to endoscopy patients.
- Follows hospital laboratory protocol for collecting tissue specimens, labeling and recording of specimens during all procedures
- Completes annual competency training on scope reprocessing
- Maintains certifications
- Is competent and safely assists with any combination of the following procedures and treatment modalities:
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Small bowel enteroscopy
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube placements and replacements
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography under direct fluoroscopic visualization
- Endoscopic ultrasonography, fine needle aspiration under direct visualization of endoscopic ultrasonography
- BarrX Therapy.
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection.
- Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection
- Argon plasma coagulation
- Single/Double Balloon Technique
- Travel Cases using mobile cart
Required: High school graduation or equivalent.
Required: Three years of endoscopy experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. [Register to View] Information
- Requisition ID: 149528
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Day/Evening
- Fund Type: Hard
- Work Location: Onsite
- Pivotal Position: Yes
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 45,500
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 57,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 68,500
- Science Jobs: No